“A little disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Warminster
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Longleat on my to see list, House lovely formal gardens beautiful, yes the pandas are art but they look tacky, they were even in the safari park so out of place.

House guides were really wonderful, made the history of the house so intresting. That made the experience for me .

1  Thank Topsymopsy
Write a ReviewReviews (7 025)
All reviews
"santa train"
in 122 reviews

64 - 68 of 7 025 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I surprised my partner with a trip to Longleat on our way down from London to Bath for a long weekend. We both really enjoyed our day out. We did the safari, the train ride, had some lunch and saw some other animals while walking round.

The staff were all really friendly, we had great weather, it was really quiet and we didn't have to queue for anything really as we went on a week day during term time. I think the price was reasonable given how much is there. My partner recently had a knee op so couldn't walk around for too long so we were probably only there around 4.5 hours however if he'd been up to staying longer it would have been great to have the whole day as we didn't manage to fit in the house or maze. if you want to see everything, give yourself the whole day and arrive as it opens!

My only criticism (which I mentioned when I took the survey) was that I thought some of the animal enclosures for things like the sting rays and the red panda were disappointingly small. If you agree, please also feed that back to them as we have a responsibility to speak up about things like this if we want to create change.

Have a great trip if you visit :-)

2  Thank Rosie S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been going to Longleat Centre Parcs for tears and thus tear decided to visit Longleat Safari Park. It was a very enjoyable day. We booked the Safari bus and saw all the animals in the park. Our guide was knowledgeable with a great sense of humour. We visited all the attractions including the house.

2  Thank Sonia W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We used Tesco vouchers to visit today which was a really good saving and definitely worth considering. It was a very hot day but there are several areas to take shade.
We particularly enjoyed the water safari and the lions in the safari drive through. The guide at the lemur area was also very friendly and helpful.
We had coffee on arrival and lunch later, both in the new Chameleon cafe which was really nice and reasonably priced. The gift shop had good quality gifts and was also reasonably priced.
One downside was no air conditioning on the bus which according to one member of staff , reached temperatures of 30 degrees the day previously. As one of our party was a baby we had to take the cars through instead which was disappointing. Surely an air conditioned bus Is not an unreasonable expectation.
We didn’t have time to visit the house but it looked really nice and well maintained from the outside.