All reviews saturday night small tv pleasant receptionist small hotel brisket breakfast staff bath shower piping hot room was clean and comfortable scampi hotel bar very pleasant stay great night northern ireland lovely meal stayed here for one night near future
Reviewed 16 October 2018

On visiting this hotel on Saturday 14th Oct for a photographic event my friend and I on arrival ordered a snack each and we shared a pot of tea. We asked for a top up of the tea which we got. When we went to pay, we were billed £8 for the tea plus top up. We were also being charged for 2 items we did not have. When we questioned the £8 for the tea we were bluntly told it was house policy ( to rip customers off ??). The manager conceded we had been charged in error for the 2 extra items on the bill but no apology.
We found the staff non customer friendly especially the floor manager. Wont be going back there. What happened to the friendly /warm welcome to customers ??

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank desclinton
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a Business trip to Belfast. Although there was an "issue" on arrival the Management -Steve, quickly resolved it.

Rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. Every feature and fitting was working 100%. Breakfasts and Dinners are from an adequate menu taken in the bar or restaurant. I will get "the Company" to book me in here again on my next visit...

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Stayed here last week, perfect location, great grub and super friendly staff especially Darren ( DM ) who looked after me throughout my stay, and also helped with direction to Belfast City and around the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
092GM, Owner at Strangford Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Fantastic, thank you so much for your 5 star rating and writing such a lovely review, complimenting our hotel and its cuisine, and our management and staff. We hope to welcome you again soon at the Strangford Arms.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

I recently had to return home to the town off my birth due to my mother passing away suddenly, to save additional worry about having to look after me, feeding ext I stayed in this hotel, it was used as a base so just for sleeping in, was not very impressed with cleanness off room and the likes but at the time that couldn't have been further from my mind, so I basically slept here for two night and nothing else. I checked out returned back home and to my horror the following day on checking my bank account this hotel had taken two payments from my account, on ringing them to enquire why the person whom answered the phone (Darren) explained that the extra charge was for smoking in the room, they had taken photo and sent it to me as proof, on pointing out to him I was a non smoker and had proof of this he got very aggressive and hung up, the picture I received could be from anywhere and does not proof anything about me as a non smoker. Feel totally let down, robbed by this establishment. See attached photo and make up your own mind if it proofs anything against me, as a person living on a War Pension I can ill afford to loss £100 let alone on something I haven't done, but this establishment doesn't seem to care or listen to reason. Tryed to unload photos but wouldn't let be, basically it's a photo off a beer can with fag Ash on that seems to be taken in a corridor near some stairs

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
9  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch with my daughter in the testaurant/ bar area. Service was appalling. The two female waiters had no interest in serving us. It took fifteen minutes to rake our order, despite the fact we were the only ones there. The food was good but the servoce terrible.

Date of stay: August 2018