Open today: 09:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Irish Genealogy Essentials Online Course- Autumn 2020

I completed the online Irish Genealogy Essentials course in autumn 2020. I would highly recommend... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
GoPlaces788409
My Irish Research is now launched

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Linda T
Nova Scotia, Canada

All reviews northern ireland conference researchers archives ancestors depth tours expert leads
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I completed the 2020 Irish Essentials program online from Canada which was ideal in these non-travelling times. The program surpassed all expectations. Recorded topic sessions were comprehensive, relevant and stimulating. Scheduled Q and A sessions with all three experts provided a sense of community with participants. I finally have a solid foundation for my Irish ancestor research that is already producing results. Thanks to the whole team for sharing your knowledge and skills!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 27 October 2019

I really enjoyed the change to work with the experts at the Ulster Historical Foundation and my trip to Belfast. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly and I would encourage anyone to go if they what to discover more about their Northern Irish ancestors.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 2 July 2019

I attended the Summer 2019 Conference. My cousin and I have been trying to find our ancestor in Northern Ireland for nearly a decade but have been unsuccessful. We both felt like our money and time were well spent attending this conference. We learned so much about Irish records, how to use them and were assisted by wonderful researchers in the archives. We now have new leads and confidence that we will be able to find our family in Ireland. In addition, I especially enjoyed interacting with others in the group and gleaned ideas not only from the presentation but by the experiences of others attending the conference. I also felt like the tours gave depth to my understanding of my ancestors lives and the country they lived in. I highly recommend the UHF if you are looking for your Irish roots!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank RebekahR245
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Both the seminars and the assisted research at PRONI were excellent. The setup of the conference was fantastic and the food was great (except I’m pretty sure I gained 10 pounds). The organization of the conference was absolutely superb. They thought of everything over the six days. I’m already planning my next one.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2018

I attended the Fall 2018 UHF Conference and was blown away by the amount of information and knowledge I received. The presenters were passionate about Ulster-Scots genealogy and shared their extensive knowledge in an easy to understand way. They were eager to assist us in finding our Ulster Scots ancestors, escorting us to all of the archives and libraries and assisting in any way they could. The tours to various historical sites were well planned, and hit many of the highlights of Northern Ireland. It was so inspiring to hear other participants' ancestral stories and share in the excitement of finding new documents or even new ancestors. If you have Ulster-Scots ancestry, this conference is a must. You won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: September 2018