“Huge portions on the carvery!”

The Royal Court Hotel
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Portrush
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our friends took us here just after we arrived in N Ireland. 9 of us had carvery which had been pre booked. A very warm welcome and a delicious meal of generous proportions. Would certainly revisit on a future visit. We had a window seat which provided stunning views of the causeway coast. Couldn't fault!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staying in a nearby B&B, this hotel was recommended to us for our evening meal.
The restuarant is pleasantly decorated and has a lovely view do the sea and surrounding hills.
The staff were friendly, courteous and very helpful.
We all decided to have the carvery as it looked really nice and we were not disappointed, for dessert my dad had the sherry trifle which he said was really nice, my partner has the strawberry and kiwi pavlova which looked delicious and apparerently tasted delicious too and my mum and I had the apple crumble which was lovely.
Unfortunately we were only staying in the area for one night or would of returned for another meal.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We had a couple of oldies in our group, so were eating at 5pm. I thought we'd have the restaurant to ourselves, but it was jam-packed. There's a carvery up till 7pm, which is clearly incredibly popular - we couldn't hear ourselves think, and our elderly relatives found the noise extremely difficult for conversation. Great for people watching - I was entertained by the lady who arrived back at her table with a plate piled high. Before eating anything she produced from her handbag a ziplock bag and some tin foil, and decanted half of her food into it. That was her dinners for the rest of the weekend sorted...

Back to our party... We didn't do the carvery and were eating off the menu. Two of our party ordered fillet steaks, one medium, and one medium rare. These turned up completely cremated and tough as old boots. We sent them back, and the replacements were better, although I'd still take issue with how well they were done. The food was otherwise ok, and the staff extremely friendly and helpful, especially after we identified the problem with the steaks. Portions generous, but I didn't think it was especially good value as no sides were included - they have to be ordered separately. It was all right, but I wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Ate here with my wife and elderly parents. Absolutely stunning setting with clear views over the white rocks beach and Royal Portrush golf course. Service was very friendly and helpful. Chose from both the A La Carte and the early bird 2 course menus and were not disappointed. Lamb chops were cooked to perfection as was was the salmon. The BBQ spare ribs staters were excellent . Two enormous helping of strawberry pavlova with 4 spoons rounded the meal off. Highly recommend a visit when coming to the North Coast.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in staff were fantastic food very nice and plenty of it,the room had plenty of space and of course there was the kettle for a brew