“Amazing tour”

Dalriada Kingdom Tours
Ranked #6 of 11 Tours in Portrush
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dalriada Kingdom Tours is a company that is at the forefront of the Guided Tour experience in Northern Ireland, with over 100 years of family history spanned over 3 generations it is our knowledge of this area that sets us apart . Our tours are crafted to suit your needs so whether you want to walk with our guides on the Giants Causeway or explore the shoreline from Belfast to Donegal we can deliver exclusive immersive experiences that other companies simply cannot . On tour with us we reveal the real history of this most beautiful area. The stories of its people are told with pride and passion for the authentic experience of a lifetime.
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

We toured Giant’s Causeway today with Mark and he was fantastic. Easy to see his passion for the place and the people, and it made us love it even more. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: August 2018
NorthernIrelandPosie, Owner at Dalriada Kingdom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Hi Madeline

We sure had the weather for our adventure and your enthusiasm for this special place was infectious. I am in love with this special place and the people of it . I am so glad you saw that in me and even happier that you enjoyed your tour. Thank you both for your kindness ,

All reviews
"beauty"
"sites"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 8 August 2018

This review is a bit overdue as we took our tour in June, but just now getting around to writing about our great experience.

We were a group of 13 adults arriving from our cruise ship in Portrush. Had arranged the details with Mark beforehand and he was waiting for us at the dock along with a nicely appointed bus where the 13 of us comfortably sat.

Amongst the stops were the Giant's Causeway (amazingly beautiful), Carrick a Rede rope bridge (another beautiful spot), and Dunluce Castle (incredible history and detail) along with a stop for morning scones and a quick lunch. Even made time at the end of the day for a quick stop at Royal Portrush Golf Links (site of the 2019 Open) so that I could quickly view the course and pick up some nice items at the golf shop!

All of these spots would have been beautiful just to tour, but what made the day extra special was being guided by Mark- not only with his friendliness, but also his passion and knowledge of the area and its history. Not only was every question answered with obvious knowledge, but his ability to incorporate his family's ancestry and tales added to the day.

If you have an option of obtaining Mark for your guide, do so with a guarantee of a great day.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank JMac123
NorthernIrelandPosie, Owner at Dalriada Kingdom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

I remember you all very well so never worry about when you took your tour, we had an exceptional time together . All your family were the best of company , great fun very inquisitive and very engaged in the day. Your Mother and I had a great connection I think I found a kindred spirit in this very special lady.

Your recollection of the day is very pleasing as you are very kind in your observations and recommendations .

If your coming back for the open please book early ha ha

Thanks you sincerely , kindest regards Mark

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

An excellent tour delivered by an excellent knowledgable guide, Mark Rodgers. The history surrounding this castle was delivered with keen interest and precision. We appreciated the attention to detail so many thanks for making the tour so enjoyable.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank apbmcmullan
NorthernIrelandPosie, Owner at Dalriada Kingdom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Hiya Paul

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review and thank you for your kindness. Dunluce Castle is an amazing site with outstanding history and it is one of my favourite tours to do. The MacDonnells of Antrim are a real noteworthy family and it is a great pleasure of mine to keep their history alive
I am so glad you enjoyed it and thank you again

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Had a tour with, Mark and we was extremely accommodating with our family wanting to get out on tour. You can tell he has a strong sense of family and connection to where he was guiding us. Very friendly!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank 381kaelah
NorthernIrelandPosie, Owner at Dalriada Kingdom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Hiya

Firstly thank you for taking the time to complete your kind review and then I love the way you grasp how important our families histories is to us here at Dalriada Kingdom Tours . I honestly love my country and it's people , to share my home everyday with guests like you is just a privilege Thanks again

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

On the second Bank Holiday of May 2018 I joined two other lovely girls on the Cliff top tour starting at Dunseverick Castle and finishing at the Giants Causeway. The guide was owner and principal guide Mark Rogers and after some basic health and safety comments Mark outlined our itinerary.
The tour included a history of Dunseverick Castle, then we set off a wonderful walk through the flora and fauna of this wonderful part of Irish coastline. Mark named the colourful wild flowers we encountered and described any medicinal properties. He described the outstanding geological features and their importance in our understanding of how Ireland was formed. He was able to give the history of the people and characters that worked in the area including miners and fishermen. His depth of knowledge and sensitivity to this beautiful landscape shone through and brought the entire tour to life. The extraordinary beauty of this area, views of Scotland, Donegal and Rathlin has to be seen to be believed whether you are local, like me or from further afield! The tour was a triumph and brought home to me the richness of our country.
Be prepared to be educated and ENTERTAINED on one of Marks tours! The three of us had a wonderful tour, don’t miss it!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank yarbo7777
NorthernIrelandPosie, Owner at Dalriada Kingdom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Well you certainly picked the most amazing day to walk along the Cliff Path, the weather was just so good as you said at one stage ,"you would think you were in Spain".

The scenery here is better and the stories to tell along the way are a pleasure to me. I am so glad that you got the whole concept of what I try to achieve on tour , telling stories that have a real personal connection respectfully about my friends , my neighbours and my family

You are so right too when you say entertain, I believe that a tour is not a history lesson it must be enjoyable and we had some great fun too.

Thank you for taking time to post this kind review it is very much appreciated