“spacious, beautifully renovated country cottage...”
other travellers have booked this property
The Cow Shed The Cow Shed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Cow Shed
All-weather tennis court and play fort
Tennis court with a view!
The Cow Shed, Kitchen
Main bathroom
Main bathroom
Stripy room (twin beds with extra mattress possible)
Kitchen
Wood burner (we supply logs)
En-suite bathroom of master bedroom
Our woodland
Steps to Loft bedroom
Window in Loft bedroom
En-suite bathroom in Loft bedroom
Loft bedroom set up with single bed. Twin beds also available
Looking down to the Laugharne estuary and the sea beyond
The Cow Shed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
JoeT01
“spacious, beautifully renovated country cottage with stunning views”
Reviewed 2 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Booked for family get together. We were very impressed with the standard of accommodation and grounds. Great value. Highly recommendable.

TheOrigin...
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Amazing location, accomodation, owners, everything!”
Reviewed 23 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

We arranged an activity weekend in Wales for a friend's birthday. We chose this cottage because it was reasonably priced and close to everything we were planning to do.

We were greeted by Steve on arrival, and he showed us around the main cottage, including the utility room and bathrooms (and not just a simple hand wave in their general direction). He checked with us that everything was ok, and asked us why we were here. When we explained that it was a surprise for a birthday, and that he didn't know we were going to be there, he helped us put balloons up with his stepladder, hang banners, and even let us know when the birthday boy was arriving so we could hide. There literally wasn't anything more he could have done for us (More on that later).

Our time there was fantastic. The beds were very comfortable, and everything was spotless. The occasional spider was around, but in the heart of the countryside that was to be expected, and they kept themselves to themselves. The selection of DVDs for some late night relaxing after a day's activities was very welcome. The kitchen was a decent size, with all manner of utensils for food preparation (peelers, can openers, various knives etc.), which is something we've sorely missed at other locations when making up meals for 6 of us. A separate wine fridge was a welcome bonus for the ladies. The local supermarket is only around 10-15 minutes away by car. I cannot fault the location or the cottage at all.

Now, to really show how wonderful the owners, Steve and Jo are. We'd booked Friday - Monday, and on Sunday I had a quad-biking accident and broke my hip. I was in hospital until late Wednesday, and we live 5 hours away from this cottage. The cottages were all booked on Monday night, so my wife couldn't stay on site, until they opened their house to her. Rather than letting her stay in a local hotel at £50/night, they instead offered her a spare room in their own house on Monday and Tuesday night, really making her welcome and part of the family, and then extended that offer to me when I came out of hospital so we didn't have to drive back that night. Maybe that's just how Welsh people do things, as I know we wouldn't have got the same back in Ramsgate, but it was such an incredibly nice thing to do I couldn't express my gratitude highly enough.

In short, the cottage, location and its owners surpassed every expectation I had, and I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Cleoclo-5...
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I booked this for a group of 6 as a surprise birthday for my partner. The place was perfect, it is the perfect blend of traditional farmhouse and modern, with everything you could need! The views are amazing and so close to loads of walks etc.
Jo and Steve, the owners, went out of their way to help us out (including helping to put up birthday decorations), giving us options for bbq's/ firepit, where to get wood from etc. They were so friendly and unbelievably helpful it really made our stay great!
I can not recommend this place enough, we will definitely be coming back!!

Thank you for an fantastic stay!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sophtaylo...
“Best Birthday to date.”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My partner booked The Cow Shed for my 21st birthday and I can honestly say it was the best birthday I have had yet. Not only was the home immaculate, Steve and Jo the owners were very nice and helpful in every way. So glad to have made the amazing memories we did there and will definitely be visiting again soon. Strongly recommend this to people of all ages. Would like to thank Steve and Jo again for having us.

Lizzie010...
“Absolutely perfect in every way”
Reviewed 3 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Cannot recommend this place enough, the owners went out of their way for us during our stay, the cottage is beautiful, comfortable and has everything you could need for a real home from home. The views are spectacular and there are loads of lovely places to visit nearby. Will definitely be back next year!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$147
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing