All reviewsboth nightsgreat weekendcourse mealwell worth a visitsteakcompliments to the chefgroupon dealtwo night stayfood was lovelynext morningweekend breaklate checkcouldn't faultlovely hotelstayed one nightkeep up the good workboth mornings
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed in Harry's Saturday just gone and had a mostly excellent experience
Room was clean and comfortable
Service was great
Bar was reasonably priced
Breakfast excellent
Secure parking.

The only issue I had was a 2 hour period where the noise in the first floor room we where in was quite high from the entertainment below.
Aside from this I would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

A group of friends stayed here last night for a joint 60th Birthday Celebration. The Staff were very friendly & helpful. The food was delicious & Ray Dolan playing in the Bar was brilliant. Just as I was leaving I noticed that I had a flat tyre. The Receptionist directed me to Sean in the Bar who promptly asked Chris the Chef if he could help me. Without hesitation, he put on my spare tyre. Such a Gentleman. A very enjoyable night overall. We will be back ASAP. Jacinta ☺️

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JacintaEgan
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed with two other couples in Harrys of Kinnegad from Sat 31st March to Tue 3rd April. Due to a water issue from Sunday 1st April at the hotel we could not get a shower/washed on Easter Monday or Tuesday when we departed. I raised the groups concerns with the manager on the Monday evening and she stated we could check out early if we wanted. I was a bit shocked and concerned by her I don't care attitude. The six of us had dinner every night in the hotel and on the Easter Sunday night we were charged for bottled drinking water as there was no tap water available, we also had to purchase drinking water from the local shops. I wrote a detailed email to the management on Tuesday evening higlighting that we did not receive the services we paid for, to date I have not had a response in relation to the groups concerns with the hotel. The staff were lovely but I have concerns about the management. I was considering bringing a large walking group about 30 people to this hotel but due to the lack of management/communication to the groups issues/concerns I will be looking at a different hotel in the area.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Myself, partner & 2 friends stayed here for 2 nights over St. Patrick's weekend. Myself & partner paid full price (€180) on booking.com for a 2 night stay with B&B. We then seen Harrys of Kinnegad had a Groupon voucher online for €99 - 2 night B&B stay with a €40 supplement for Saturday & Sunday. We wanted to purchase this voucher for our friends as an engagement gift so I called Harry's to see if they had availability. They advised they had the availability but told us we could only purchase the more expensive voucher (€120) which gave 2 nights B&B with dinner on 1 of the nights - plus we would also have to pay a €40 supplement fee as we were staying over the weekend. I advised we would call them back when I spoke to our friends as we had to double check if they could 100% make it. Our friends wouldn't allow us to purchase this voucher for them as it was too expensive (€160 in total) so they went ahead and bought themselves the voucher for €99. They called up the hotel and told them they had purchased the €99 voucher & the hotel booked them in with no hesitations or no mention of having to buy the more expensive voucher. I felt a bit cheated as the hotel had only told me the day before that we could only purchase the more expensive voucher.
When we arrived at the hotel the lady at reception couldn't have been more helpful. The room was spacious, clean & had plenty of towels and bathroom essentials. I couldn't comment on the food as we hadn't ate here - breakfast finished at 10.30am.

We were advised that on Sunday night the residents bar was closing early at 11.00pm as it was not worth their while getting a DJ to play for 1 hour (Food finished @ 10pm and DJ was to come on @ 10 once food had stopped being served). I thought a residents bar opens for residents longer than this but obviously I thought wrong. We went elsewhere to a pub down the road (Scanlons) & had a few drinks there.

All in all I would have given 5 stars if it wasn't for being lied to about the voucher & the bar closing early on a bank holiday weekend. The hotel & staff were lovely & the hotel is kept in good condition.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a relaxing 2 night breakaway at this hotel over the St. Patrick's Day weekend. Hotel was very quiet on our first night (Friday) although we suspect that this was because most people would be waiting to go out on the Saturday instead for St. Patrick's Day which did turn out to be the case as it was much busier on the Saturday although not too busy. Hotel bar seems to be used a lot by the local people which I think is always a good sign. Very clean hotel. Staff are fantastic, very helpful and friendly. Ate in the local Chinese restaurant on the Friday night which was delicious and at in the hotel pub on the Saturday night which we also enjoyed. Room was very spacious and clean. The only draw back to the room was that we seemed to be staying directly above the music that was being played on the Saturday night downstairs and we were not able to sleep until it stopped. Recommend asking for a room on the second floor which may help with this. Overall very happy with hotel and would return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple