Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
FindHotel
US$91
View deal
Priceline
Destinia.com
Trip.com
All reviews black monkeys fish national park dry season diving snorkeling mass tourism resort offers this beautiful resort boat ride close to nature location is amazing marine life cottage lanai animals paradise island
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 December 2020

I was delighted to be one of the first guests at NusaBay Menjangan after their re-opening in November and it lived up to my memories from my previous visits. The staff were friendly and helpful and my jungle lanai cottage was beautiful, clean, spacious, with wonderful views and a retreat from the heat and the insects. The restaurant is a great place to while away the day, although the food was nothing special and the insects drove me away. Insect repellent is a must. I spent so much time watching the deer and the monkeys and was delighted to see a flock of the critically endangered Bali Starlings flying around. The highlight of every stay is the snorkelling, from the beach and around Menjangan Island with outstanding coral reefs and an incredible diversity of marine life.

Date of stay: November 2020
Waka HotelsandResorts, Owner at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Dear Mr/S. Jill A,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM.

We are placed to note that you enjoyed your stay with us after the resort reopened following the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused by the insects. We will intensify pest control treatment in the restaurant. The food selection and quality will be further improved.

Thank you for having chosen NusaBay Menjangan by WHM. Myself and my team look forward to the pleasure of again welcoming you in the near future.

Komang Triadnyana
Assistant Operation Manager

Reviewed 14 March 2020

My girlfriend and I were in Bali for two weeks. The first week we stayed at the Nusabay Menjangan.
We were very happy that we chose this hotel. The bungalows had a lot of space, a nice view and a nice interior. Also the encounter with deer and monkeys was great.
However, the really good food and the great, intact, colourful underwater world without mass tourism as well as the extraordinary hospitality of the staff and the diving school are worth mentioning.

We would love to go there again and stay overnight at Nusabay menjangan! Only to recommend!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WakaHotelsandResorts, Manager at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2020

Dear ClemensJ7,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM.

We are delighted to note that you and your girlfriend had a great holiday with us and that your visit experience was enhanced by you face to face encounters with deer and monkeys and other friendly wildlife living in their natural habitat within the resort’s premises. We thank you for your positive feedback regarding the good quality of our food served in the restaurant, which is one of our main objectives in this remote area.

NusaBay Menjangan’s private Kotal Beach shares the clear, calm blue ocean and coral reefs with nearby Menjangan island. One of our guests’ favorite activities is jumping into the ocean at the end of the jetty for a refreshing swim and watching colourful fish using the complimentary snorkeling gear from the resort’s Activity centre.

We thank you for recommending NusaBay Menjangan as a perfect resort for nature lovers.

Thank you for having chosen NusaBay Menjangan. Myself and my team look forward to the pleasure of again welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 29 February 2020

I always believe in writing a balanced review so let's start with the positives.
Special mention to Tri who arranged for our refund. You were kind and helpful.
The deer were so serene, the black monkeys cute and young master hamlet the wild boar who joins you for dinner, well what can I say. Breakfast was also fine.
If all this is good I hear you say why the low points.
Well! When we arrived and were being walked to our room I asked about the yoga only to be told they could put some mats down but there was no instructor.
We were then advised that the grey monkeys could be aggressive and that is where our room was. On entering the room which does have a big balcony we began to be instructed on how to manage the RAT BOX which is a large metal box where we were instructed we would have to put creams, medication, and luggage if we did not wish to attract said rodents. Also that it would be a good idea to tuck in the mosquito net if we didn't want visitors. I would never have come if I had known.
Anyway thought better make the most of it. This was not the end. We had no pressure in the shower and the air conditioning was tepid. Despite getting someone in it made for a hot, uncomfortable and disagreeable sleepless night.
We had a walk round and thought we would take s kayak out. Only to be told they were broken and wouldn't be mended during our stay.
We thought we would collect our free massage only to be told that one of us could have it one day and one the other. Hardly ideal.
The pool had broken tiles and frankly looked sad.
The waiter at dinner was really nice but had to come and tell me that t he main ingredient in my meal was not available.
Clearly we were not going to stay. I have been told by the manager and staff that I needed to stsy somewhere out
side the national park as all hotels were the same. Simply not true. We visited
the other hotel in the region and checked, plus have it in writing that there are no rat boxes.
I have been
to Bali before and have completed safaris, been to islands in the Indian ocean and Caribbean rain forests and am fully aware I will come across these creature in the wild. However NOT in the room. I found it insulting to be told I would only be happy in Ubud.
We had had a storm and the boat trip back was hairy to say the least. No-one was asked to put on life rafts and I felt sorry for a young man trying to reach one for his clearly terrified partner.
Again I would like to repeat that we did eventually after a month get a refund.
My advice is that there are other places in the national park which are not so in need of refurbishment. Give it a miss.

a

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank sniemira
WakaHotelsandResorts, Manager at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear sniemira,

We regret to note that overall you were not satisfied with the resort, due to non-availability of the yoga instructor, the air conditioning was not working properly, the clear Kayak was under repairs, hot water in the shower was low and you found some pool tiles were missing. For your kind information, both the clear Kayak and pool tiles have already been repaired. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

We understand you disappointment with the resort’s facilities and services. However, we would like to thank you for bringing them to our notice, so that we can make the necessary improvements.

For your kind information, a Yoga instructor can be arranged with one day’s advance notice, as mentioned in our Guest Activity booklet. The advance notice is requested as the Yoga instructor comes from the nearby villages of Pemuteran or Seririt, which are 30 minutes to 1 Hour drive from the resort.

The metal trunks are provided in the rooms for our guests convenience for safe storage of their luggage and belongings. As our cottages are surrounded by the National Park jungle, the metal trunk helps prevent attracting the wildlife inside rooms, including lizards and jungle rodents. In order not to disturb the animals’ natural eating pattern, we have also taken care not to offer any room service menu, tea/coffee making facility in the room and food snacks have been excluded from the minibars. We thank you for your understanding.

In our small resort’s operation, we try to maintain the delicate balance between the comfort and safety of our guests and close proximity to the wonderful fauna living in their natural habitat within the resort’s premises.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we hope to have the opportunity of again being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2020

Our stay at Nusa Bay was an extraordinary experience. The facilities are really nice and cozy with a jungle touch to everything. Our bungalow had a nice view of the beach and the ocean. The staff is super friendly, sweet and so warm hearted they really made our stay very special and pleasant. Whenever we interacted with them we were astonished by their friendliness, hospitality and willingness to make their outmost to make our stay the best possible. We were always met by the biggest smile!

The food at the restaurant was amazing and we had some of our best dinner experiences in Bali at Nusa Bay.

The snorkeling trip to Menjangan was a top experience with amazing corals (alive!!) and a vast variation of fish. The guides were funny and easy going! I also had my first introductory dive and this was also absolutely amazing. The snorkeling at the Nusa bay beach is also astonishing with crystal clear waters. We have travelled the world and waters and fish life like the one to be found at this spot is very rare! We highly recommend a visit to Nusa Bay!

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WakaHotelsandResorts, Manager at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear Daydream61824694446,

We are delighted to note that you had an extraordinary experience stay with us and that you were entirely satisfied with the resort's location on private Kotal Beach, surrounded by the West Bali National Park’s jungle. I will share your appreciation of the attentive and friendly service with all team members who assisted in making your stay memorable and comfortable.

We also thank you for your positive feedback regarding excellent snorkeling in crystal clear ocean at resort’s jetty, superb scuba diving at Menjangan island and the good quality of our food at reasonable prices served in the restaurant.

NusaBay Menjangan by WHM is the only resort located on the private Kotal Beach in the astoundingly beautiful national park’s Prapat Agung peninsula, merely 10 minutes by boat from the famous Menjangan island. Guests can choose several nature activities from scuba diving at the nearby Menjangan island, jungle cycling and escorted trekking in the West Bali National Park as well as snorkeling at the house reef using the complimentary snorkeling gear from the resort’s Activity centre.

Your recommending NusaBay Menjangan by WHM as a perfect resort for nature lovers is appreciated

Reviewed 9 February 2020

Finally after the hectic days and got settled, I always have time to share the valuable experiences. So there you go! I've been staying in this beautiful place twice and both are dope. Everything seem perfect. The white sand beach which feels very private that you can walk at some point just only you (or maybe with some cute lil dears), the snorkeling area which is just right in front of the property, also the staff which are very helpful and friendly. All those things always make me wanna come back over and over again. Definitely worth it!

Date of stay: December 2019
WakaHotelsandResorts, Manager at NusaBay Menjangan by WHM, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Dear mybaligal,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your second stay with us and that you were entirely satisfied with the resort's natural setting along a private beach with constant sighting of many deers, convenient ocean swimming and excellent snorkeling at our house reef using the complimentary snorkeling gear from the resort’s Activity Centre.

NusaBay Menjangan is the only resort located on the private Kotal Beach in the astoundingly beautiful national park’s Prapat Agung peninsula, merely 10 minutes by boat from the famous Menjangan island. Guests can choose several nature activities from scuba diving at the nearby Menjangan island, jungle cycling and escorted trekking in the West Bali National Park.

Thank you for having chosen NusaBay Menjangan by WHM and we look forward to the pleasure of again welcoming you in the near future.

Thank you.