Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Darga Town
See available hotels
Eden Resort & Spa
#3 of 11 hotels in Beruwala
1,4 km
View Hotel
All reviewssri lankathe ownerduring our stayelephant orphanagetuk tukhis teamyala national parktree houseswimming poolbeautiful countrywater buffalothank you so muchfire fliestea plantationhome from homeday touramazing holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Thank you so much for a wonderful start of our 3 weeks around trip in sri lanka. We stayed at Mandalay House for one week in the beginning of feb 2014. The house have pleanty of room for our family of to adutls and tre kids.
The house is set peacefully at a hilltop overlooking the very buitiful and green landscape.
And best of all is the fabulous team in the house, making the house feel as a home for us. We surely miss Katuranga and his smile and how he learned us a lot about Sri lanka, and our driver Alwis who was an excelente driver and tourguide, they took very much care of us all - thank you very much!!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's difficult to find the right words that would describe how amazing our stay at Sri Lanka was. But if we try:
- the house in Mandalay is amazing - clean (you don't have to do anything - it's like in a luxury hotel), big, bright and it has everthing we are used to having at home
- the scenery, the pool, garden...are incredibly relaxing, green, peaceful
- our 5-day trip around Sri Lanka was so well organized, educating, exciting. All the hotels were smartly chosen by people who know Sri Lanka the most. If you would like to travel around the island be smart and ask them if they can help you.
- We loved the closest beach the most - aren't we lucky? It's not far at all - and the driver is always available.
- the food: of course we gained a lot of weight, because we just couldn't resist trying everithing our amazing cook has prepared for us and our picky children.
- driver was wery reliable and safe, just as a driver should be
- Sudu was born to make people happy - with his smile, responsibility, hospitality and warmth. Many thanx to his family and well-chosen workers, who helped us understand life in Sri Lanka
- and finally - Kim is extremely helpful with her answers, when you book the place. Thank you Kim, Sudu and the rest of the team! You made us feel special.

Best holidays ever.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank KatjusaOP
Reviewed 2 December 2013

First of al before I even got there making Arrangements with kim via email was excellent!!! She replied in a very timely manner. Very prompt and helpful. I mentioned ed go her what I would be interested to see which was a lot , obviously could not do all in a week stay. So she was kind enough to make the plan for me and also to enjoy her beautiful homely bungalow.
Everything went very smoothly as planned Drom picking up at the airport to dropping at the end of the week.
The house is beautifully located on a hill so the views are great!!! The staff unbelievable!!!! Words cannot describe e how amazing they were. From the Cook,houseboy to our tour guide. The bungalow and srilanka were great but they made it extra extra special. Never met such an amazing tour guide sodu.
Would definitely recommend this place. Please do take mosquitoes repellants:) the cook is also great, he will show u how he cooks if you are interested to watch him:))) kim was right in order to enjoy the house I needed more than a week....

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed at Mandalay for two weeks in August and September 2013. This was our first visit to Sri Lanka - having been forced to cancel a trip many years ago - and was much anticipated. It did not disappoint. Mandalay was the perfect villa to stay at whilst we both explored the island and relaxed. We were expecting a chef to cook some of our evening meals, but we were waited on hand and foot all day every day! Our chef, house boy, driver and gardner made our trip so relaxing it has been hard to come back to real life at home. Sudu - the manager was the most wonderful guide and friend during our stay. He organised everything we wished to see and more. His knowledge of his island, and most importantly his sense of humour were just amazing. We learned so much about the country and saw so much more than we would have if we'd stayed at a hotel. Kim - the owner - was fantastic throughout the booking process and kept in touch throughout our stay to ensure that all was well - which as you can see it was. We have been lucky enough to have some amazing holidays over the years, but I have never felt compelled to write a review before. All I can say is that I would recommend this to anyone who wants to relax but also discover the beautiful island of Sri Lanka and its amazing, friendly people.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 27 August 2013

As a family of four, (children 12 and 15), we have recently returned from Mandalay after spending 2 weeks during August. We had the most wonderful of times. This is the furthest we have travelled with both of our daughters and it really was the best of decisions. They have returned buzzing with memories of chipmunks, chameleons, monkeys, elephants, turtles, crocodiles, tree frogs, fruit bats, TukTuks, families on motorbikes and of course the relaxing days spent at Mandalay in the pool, many many hours of fun had there. We managed to combine both sightseeing and truly relaxing at Mandalay and have returned really refreshed with our batteries recharged! The property and gardens were fabulous and kept exceptionally clean by a young gardener and also by Katuranga who looked after the house and pool to the highest of standards. Our food was prepared by the chef, Patti who took everyone's tastes into consideration and cooked the most divine meals. Veejay, the driver was very skilled and we felt we were in safe hands. This property was a real find and we would recommend it without hesitation.
One of our daughters uses a wheelchair occasionally due to ill health, this worked out perfectly fine.
On the last couple of days, our 15 year old daughter wrote a poem which made us laugh about her time in Mandalay, so we thought we would share it!

I'm a teenager, I live for my phone,
It's always in my hand at home.
Of course I brought it to Mandalay
and was only on it for a day.
But then the views, the people and the sun
took the need for my phone away.

I always loved a bit of tv,
but being outside was heaven.
I didn't watch much at all at night,
I was too busy in the pool
watching the fruit bats in flight.

And last of all Facebook,
my unbreakable addiction,
I was barely on it, maybe once or twice,
because watching the Sri Lankan people work
gave me a new insight to life.

The amazing feeling of not being nagged by mum to make my bed
because our wonderful Katuranga made it instead!
In addition to this, may I just take this time to say,
Katuranga, you've been immense during our stay,
You've quietly got on doing all your jobs,
secretly I thought you were an adorable heart throb!

To our driver Veejay,
nothing was ever going to get in your way,
Wherever we wanted to go, including the local town,
You'd be there to take us, guide us and show us around,
I loved sitting in the front of the people carrier with you and
hearing about what work the Sri Lankans do,
You were so lovely to us all,
and we knew you would be there when we called.

And now to the brilliant and loveable Patti,
I swear your food has turned me into a fatty!
Tasting the spices in every mouthful
made my tastebuds dance with delight and
I looked forward to our meals each and every night.
As for your divine chocolate pudding,
It would win prizes in competitions for cooking.

And as for you Sudu,
I loved meeting your family, and you too.
Thank you so much for all that you do,
And lastly to Kim, this is not just a house but a home
Your house here, your staff and the culture has enabled me
to realise.....
I don't always need my phone!!

Faye (age 15)