“Fantastic home cooked food.”
Review of Ostrich Inn

Ostrich Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Newland
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Proper country Pub with Log Fires, great real ales and wines, relaxing walled garden as recommended in The Good Pub Guide. Open for lunch and supper seven days a week.
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This is a lovely pub in a charming village. The food is amazing; I had the rack of lamb which was succulent and perfectly cooked. We will most definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Second time we have been here, first was 22 years ago when our son was just over 2 and being looked after by my parents. This time he was with us and is now nearly 25!. I think this place has changed hands maybe twice. The place is olde worldey, quaint with lots of nice atmosphere and very welcoming. Food was delicious, not an extensive Al La Carte menu but delicious none-the-less.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018

We went for a lunch after visiting the nearby Puzzlewood and sat in the pretty beer garden to the rear of the pub.

There were several real ales available and the staff were pleasant. Only one vegetarian choice, the Forester’s Feast, a sort of Ploughman’s lunch, which was large and very tasty, especially the pickled onions and fresh green salad. My husband’s Forest if Dean boar sausages were very good, with dauphinois potatoes.

The only downside was there was no baby change area, so we had to do this in the garden.

Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Found this place by chance. The ostrich inn was mentioned to me years ago.
Sooohh glad I found it. Gorgeous old building well maintained & adorned. Choicr of quality Ale's. The food was fantastic. I had locally sourced wild boar sausage, even btr was I got a picture of a wild boar with deer on my walk. 5.5☆.
Will do more walks up that way just to return fot another lunch

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We all had good food. The chef cooked me a special meal to meet my dietary requirements. The doctor put me on a special diet to stop my pain. I phoned ahead and she gave it some thought and produced a delicious meal which I could eat. She was very kind and went to a lot of trouble to enable me to eat with my friends. The staff could not have been kinder. Everyone had a great time with great food.