“Social scale rating is very important 🤷🏽‍♀️”
Review of Gemelli

Gemelli
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Bryanston
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We’ve been choosing this restaurant since it opened. Living abroad, we are in Johannesburg every month and we always have our dinner/lunch here before we leave. Even celebrated a few birthdays at this establishment. Recommended it to our colleagues who come to the city as well, and they were not disappointed.Anytime of the month, busy or usual crowd, we’ve been there. Today was a bit different.
We called for a booking as usual, and a table was confirmed by the hostess,Neo. Arrived @20:30, was told our table was taken by her boss for other guests(celebrities we were waiting with outside), this happened 3 times ,even though we were at the restaurant already. By the time we got a table and served was around 21:50, and only one meal arrived. Those “important” people got tables and meals before us. My meal was bought to the table, my partners meal hadn’t come, at this point we are beyond frustrated and angry and when it eventually came, it missed the accompanying side that we know all too well because we are very familiar with the menu. I work in a service industry and know what service recovery means, and no effort was made to empathize or ensure we got better treatment, it’s as if the value of our money is less than for other people who appear on press or TV.
We didn’t touch the food and ended up leaving, all the manager could say was sorry when we explained the situation. The demand is huge and yes, the food is good. However they need to know that every person choosing their establishment is a guest, and should be treated equally irregardless of face value. Decided we won’t be returning there again, it was humiliating. It may not be loss for them, but we’ll take our money elsewhere, where the treatment/urgency/service isnt based on where you rank on the social scale, but the love of food, service and ambience experienced. Thanks Gemelli.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank JuniorZo

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Went there with friends, it was my first time. Place is very beautiful. The food is to die for. Food portions really big. Nice atmosphere, spotted a few celebrities while I was there.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The service is swift and friendly , overall food is good , drinks very pricy . Probably 3.5 stars . Let’s break it down the we had bubbly by the glass , R81 each. Starters 4 stars, fig tartlet excellent more like deconstructed fig tartlet, pork belly spring rolls very nice,slightly dry, 3 stars. Mains Penne Alessandro magnificent no extra seasoning required 4 stars, Gemelli ravioli , disappointing lacks flavour , it was really flat, 2 stars. Gnt excellent. Iced coffee delicious. The heating in the restaurant made it a bit stuffy

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

What a lively, vibey restaurant! Service was excellent. Our waiter recommended that we get a few dishes and share.
I had the Elderflower tonic cocktail . Mocktails are available on request.
Starters:
Calamari and chorizo
Saldana Mussels
Chicken thighs
Prawns - with an avo purée.
All starters were so beautifully presented. A feast for the eyes and tastebuds.

Mains:
Norwegian Salmon with a butternut purée and salad
Chicken
Lobster ravioli
Rigatoni

Dessert: omg!
Pannacotta - with a rose jelly, meringues and a rose Sorbet
Creme brûlée

I can’t wait to go back n try more dishes!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I have been a couple of times to Gemelli and the food is always consistently delicious! I feel that the chef and kitchen take pride in their work and know what every dish is supposed to taste like. This is an important aspect of running a high quality restaurant. I would recommend Gemelli to those looking for a luxurious night out and I love the vibe and decor. Always high energy and great staff!

Date of visit: December 2017