“No resemblance to Thai food”
Review of Erawan

Erawan
Ranked #9 of 63 Restaurants in Bryanston
Description: Erawan Riverside is a Thai, Dim Sum and Sushi restaurant and cocktail bar located in Riverside Shopping centre, Bryanston
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Phad Thai was full of raw vegetables, (dried) noodles were hardly cooked, & although ordered "medium" was served eye-wateringly hot......... A Thai restaurant should be able to get Phad Thai right, if nothing else? Waitress advised (on ordering) that starter had not been available for some time........yet it was still on the menu?? Service was tragically slow, even in a restaurant that was less than a quarter full........& even though staff were plentiful.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank DLR63

Reviewed 9 August 2018

My wife , a friend and myself went on Tuesday evening-we got there relatively early around 6:15 pm and it was not too busy-service was a bit slow but we got our orders in, both food and drink.The starters took about 25 mins to come, by then the restaurant was getting quiet busy-our waiter seemed to spend more time on the computer than he did waiting on us,our mains took over an hour to arrive and only arrived after we started to complain-well when the mains arrived my wife's food was ice cold and the onion in her dish was raw -not even slightly cooked, my friends food was also cold as was my rice-I complained to the waiter and manager and asked them to heat the food-nearly 15 minitues later still nothing-I have no idea what the- the time was now around 8:30 pm and I asked for the bill-mind you only for what we had actually consumed-give the manager credit he told us it was on the house-we left but will never return again-shoddy service and raw cold food????

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Robin F
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Convenient location and absultely great food at this restaurant chain - one of our favourites and can't wait to go to the one in Cape Town. Great dining experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed the Crisp Duck 'special'. Duck was tender, succulent. The dish as a whole was huge with loads of crispy veg, mushrooms, delicious Jasmin rice, lovely sauce.....My meal was excellent in every way.
But....my wife had the Red Curry and she felt that it lacked substance...lots of sauce but not enough chicken or veg in it. She kept glancing at my meal enviously and at one stage I had to poke her in the eye with a chopstick to stop her nicking my stuff

Service was fast, efficient and friendly

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I went there for lunch with my wife and 7 year old son. We ordered sushis (Sashimi, nigiri, maki, hand rolled). Overall we all liked the food. We thought it was a shame that there was too much mayo on some of them. We took it off! Service was friendly. I am sure we will come back.

Date of visit: June 2018