“Good sushis for Jo'burg ”
Review of Erawan

Erawan
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Bryanston
Description: Erawan Riverside is a Thai, Dim Sum and Sushi restaurant and cocktail bar located in Riverside Shopping centre, Bryanston
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I went there for lunch with my wife and 7 year old son. We ordered sushis (Sashimi, nigiri, maki, hand rolled). Overall we all liked the food. We thought it was a shame that there was too much mayo on some of them. We took it off! Service was friendly. I am sure we will come back.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a decent Thai place since our go to place closed down. The restaurant is situated in Bryanston. Ample parking available. We had no bookings and the restaurant was packed to capacity. We had a lousy table at the door but they moved us as soon as a better one opened up. I also observed a few walk in customers leaving as there were no tables available.. So I would recommend booking.

We had some Dim Sum & chicken spring rolls as a starter. Spring rolls were ok, not great. Dim Sum was divine and soo tasty. I chose a chicken Phad Thai and my wife had a chicken cashew stir fry. Both meals were absolutely scrumptious. Good quality ingredients with with wonderful aromas and beautiful flavors. We could not agree on whose food tasted better.

Service was also very good. Waitress was very friendly and efficient. Food prices were reasonable especially. Overall, a very good dining experience and highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Erawan remains our favorite sushi / Thai restaurant because of the service, quality of the food and wide selection.

The sushi and dim sum is fantastic and I normally go for a combination but this fine I had the crispy duck and pancakes with dipping sauce - absolutely fantastic- crunchy and tasty.

My wife is vegan when she can be but settles for vegetarian. There are so many choices on the menu, such a the cashew stir fry, vegetarian sushi etc and she always loves it.

Great selection of wines and really good service

Perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon as autumn takes hold

1  Thank Beechman1
Reviewed 10 May 2018

I booked a table for dinner and specifically requested a table in a warm spot, away from the door or any cold areas.On arriving, on time,we were told that they didn't have my booking even though I had received an sms confirming this. Eventually we established that our table had been given away by a waiter and that they were full and couldn't seat us inside. We had to sit outside in the freezing cold and wait for something to become available! If I had known better we should've left then. We suggested a complimentary drink and the manager just laughed!!! Eventually got inside - dim sum very nice but do NOT have the beef curries, as my shoe is more tender than the beef. A lot of sauce, approx 4 pieces of thin tough beef and tons of green pepper. The waiters kept trying to push the highest priced items on the menu.There are many other Thai restaurants in Johannesburg North with better service and food so we won't be going again.........

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

So enjoyed the spinach and cream cheese dimsum, sushi and the best was the chocolate mousse. Thanks so much for my birthday surprise amarula dom pedro!
Will be back before next year!