“Disappointing ”
Review of Erawan

Erawan
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Bryanston
Price range: US$1 - US$2
Description: Erawan Riverside is a Thai, Dim Sum and Sushi restaurant and cocktail bar located in Riverside Shopping centre, Bryanston
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We come here often but have been disappointed of late that service and the food has not been as good as it used to be!

Today for example the table we sat at was not set properly and we had to ask for napkins and again had to ask for cutlery and wait some more after the food came!

I ordered two starters- Crispy chicken wings and the avo and salmon on crispy rice and my partner ordered a main- Crispy Duck.

The main and first starter was delivered, and waitress said the second starter was coming now and after 15 minutes it still hadn’t even though my first plate had been cleared and had to ask where the second starter was and eventually it was delivered!

It used to be fantastic when we first started going however if it continues on this downward slide to mediocrity then we will no longer support the restaurant!

Such a disappointment!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Have to admit we had takeaway delivered. The dimsum were tasty, and sticky as they should be. The prawn toast was in small rounds, rather than the square shapes you often get, but tasty nonetheless. Both my wife and I decided to spice up the flavour a little. I would normally opt for medium or hot, but there was an option of Thai Style (unfortunately the delivery app didn't indicate this was level 4, i.e. above hot). Wow, I could only eat half of mine and even then I suffered. If you eat a lot of spicy food by all means try it, if you're just a weekend spicy food eater better stick with medium or hot at a push.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Erawan has a comprehensive menu, but we go there for the sushi ( and occasionally for the roast duck) which is by far the best in Johannesburg ( the Big Mouth comes close ).

The service is really good. Nice selection of wines and craft beers.

Definitely our favorite

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal here. Portions were large and taste was great. And of course make sure the heat level is Thai style, if you like it hot.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Great food, good service! Excellent tapas however, some are a bit pricey.
Will return for another feast!