“Great steak and great atmosphere ”

Wombles Steakhouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Bryanston
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wombles is a destination restaurant which comfortably caters for corporate groups whilst simultaneously accommodating intimate diners.
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We went at lunch and had really great fillet on the bone as recommended by the waiter. Very delicious in an interestingly designed setting. It was very quiet for lunch but I was told by my local friends that it is very buzzy in the evenings.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 078)

9 - 13 of 1 078 reviews

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I love Wombles...I have loved them for 20 years and they are still right at the top of any list of venues that I make.
The food is exceptional - do the steak. Any one done any way...you will be amazed.
The wine list is extensive, and the staff are well versed and knowledgeable.
Do yourselves a favour and make sure you get here at least once.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

From reservation to paying the bill it was a wonderful experience.

The staff are really professional, attentive and efficient.

The food are out of this world. Even though one person at our table does not eat red meat, she had plenty of choice and left completely satisfied. Absolutely delicious and tender steaks.

I had the special of the night which was 200g kudu with a 200g on the bone fillet. Each cooked to perfection and a delicious sauce that complimented each meat. Heaven on a plate.

The wine list is extensive and can be a bit pricey, but the food and ambience makes up for it.

The only negative i can say is that you overlook a mall parking area (if seated inside), but not much they can do about that... they have however a large outdoor seating area which is wonderful.

I would def recommend

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Very pleasant and good feeo - although a bit too fussy for my liking. Too much decor, too much stuff on the table, just a bit busy and too much of everything.
Staff were great, very efficient. Very expensive though. I don't mind spending, but I do mind feeling like I've been fleeced.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Perfect ambient, perfect service, perfect food!
Located in Bryanston, this restaurant shows the old colonial ambient. And it's huge. Outside you have a fireplace.
The service is extra ordinary. Three different waiters were responsible for our table. And each waiter was a specialist in his profession and high motivated.
We tried the Kudu-fillet, the ordinary beef and several types of carpaccio. Absolute perfect!
Good wine and a good whisky were offered too.
We will come back, definitely.