“Superb restaurant”

Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wombles is a destination restaurant which comfortably caters for corporate groups whilst simultaneously accommodating intimate diners.
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Dined with 3 friends and had a superb meal. The ambience and service is of the highest standard and the quality of the cuisine impeccable. My fillet steak on the bone was mouth wateringly succulent and the ice cream trio to die for. They do a pretty good Irish coffee too. Hardly surprising that their new larger premises is consistently fully booked. Not cheap by South African prices but nevertheless well worth a visit as a treat and highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Wombles Steakhouse Restaurant

134 - 138 of 1 022 reviews

Reviewed 19 January 2017

My husband treated me to Wombles for our weekly date night and it was just, phenomenal.The Afrocentric decor is inviting and creates a welcoming ambiance to the restaurant. Unfortunately the starters that we had were uninspiring, and below par for a restaurant of this calibre. The peri peri livers had an almost acidic taste to them and the king prawns, a special for the night were bland and not as appetizing as they looked. My advice is to skip the starters and head straight for the main course, you definitely won't regret it. The mains were cooked to absolute perfection, I cannot stress how mouthwatering and delicious the fillet was,it was just literally the stuff dreams are made of and we thoroughly enjoyed savouring every morsel. The best steak, dare I say in gauteng, definitely on the pricey side but worth every penny. The waiters are attentive and top up wine and water at regular intervals which is always a plus. Overall a memorable experience would definitely return soon, for that tantalizing fillet, good gracious me absolutely delectable!

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Wombles is one of the most sought after fine dining restaurants in Johannesburg and our firm favorite. The food is consistently spectacular and it never disappoints. By far the best quail I have ever eaten. The service is exemplary and the ambience perfectly luxurious. Every item on the menu is so delicious that you will have a hard time choosing. Excellent selection of wines as well. Whether it's a romantic dinner date or an important business meeting Wombles is the undeniable choice. It will never fail to impress. Five stars every time.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

What an amazing evening! Service was fantastic, food was absolutely spectacular, ambiance wonderful. Will recommend to anybody for a romantic evening!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We really enjoy all of our experience except for the price of wine per glass R250, I asked for a merlot and didn't check the menu so I guess its my own fault.