eDreams
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
All reviews shuttle bus wellness area lovely hotel ski stuff first floor super morzine lift portes du soleil nothing too much trouble half board cake valley intersport vertigo skiing summer slopes robes
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel is very much as described by the other reviews but there is no proper wifi. Reception tried to fix it a couple of times without success. Rooms are a lot smaller than depicted by very wide angled photos on website.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank la222222
Benoit_Heu, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa Le Dahu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2020

Madam, sir,

We have indeed encountered a technical problem with the internet connection.
You have to know that generally speaking, in the mountains, it is very difficult to get a high quality flow. Today, in the city, everyone has cable or fibre, which is not the case for us.
To improve our performance, we acquired a router capable of aggregating several connections 2 years ago. Thus, we cumulate 2 ADSL accesses and one VDSL access. The latter stopped working for several weeks, which led to a drop in throughput. This also had an impact on the work of the hotel's teams.
I deeply regret this technical situation, which is beyond our control.
On the subject of photos, we present our different room categories. Depending on which one you have stayed in, there may be a significant variation, but we try to be transparent to avoid any misunderstanding.
Unfortunately, I cannot tell you more without knowing which room you stayed in. In any case, you should not have hesitated to share your feelings with the team on site who would have done their utmost to satisfy you.
I hope that you still have good memories of your time in Dahu.

Benoît Heu, general manager Hôtel & Spa Le Dahu ****
+33 450 75 92 92

Reviewed 23 February 2020

Lovely hotel. Great shuttle service to slopes.
Excellent dinners every night (we went half board).
Both my children had massages which was a wonderful experience. I get massages on every holiday we go on.
My husband and myself each had a different masseuse and we both agreed that they were the best we ever had.
Lucia and another girl with a similar name!
Pool lovely ! Rooms a little too hot but we had unusually hot weather for mid term.
Overall a lovely relaxing holiday.
Blessing family.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for this very positive feedback, we were delighted to welcome you for your family holidays.
It is with great pleasure that I read that you took advantage of all our services. I pass on your compliments to the kitchen team and to our dear masseuses who do a remarkable job.
Knowing that you have spent a "lovely relaxing holiday" is a great reward for all of us. We have indeed experienced unusual heat during your stay.
Skiing in the sun is always enjoyable, but such temperatures at this time of year are quite unusual.
I hope that your return has gone well and that you will think of us when you feel the need to take some time for yourself again and enjoy another relaxing family holiday.
You are at home in Dahu...

Benoît Heu, general manager Hôtel & Spa Le Dahu ****
+33 450 75 92 92

Reviewed 9 February 2020 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at La Dahu in Morzine, B&B.

We had a room on the first floor with a balcony and a view to die for over the valley. The room was traditional French. Some may find the hotel decor a little old fashioned but I like to have a real key and a proper on/off light switch!

It's a little out of town but we left our skis and boots at Intersport by the Supermorzine and the free Dahu minibus picked us up promptly.

Breakfast was superb and the tapas/snacks we had in the cosy bar were excellent.

Staff were knowledgable, professional and friendly.

Not cheap but worth every penny. Hoping to do another visit soon.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank angelamU7145YO
Reviewed 5 February 2020

Last minute decision to head to Portes du Soleil for few days of skiing. Dahu was one of the only hotels of that level with availability. In general, no complaints. The staff was great overall, whether it was the front desk, restaurant, spa or the ski shuttle. I found the room comfortable. The only criticism I would have is there was no obvious place to dry your gear after a wet ski day other than get creative with the bathroom heating. Dinner at the restaurant was nice and breakfast was more than enough. the wellness area is ok, but can get very busy when the hotel is full. I had read some reviews beforehand to know you have to book the sauna / steam room in advance. Having seen the size of the sauna I understand why. However, they should make it bit more clear those are not part of the free wellness area. The only slight negative is the location little bit away from the main area of the village and uphill. Fine to walk to town for dinner and back. However, you do need to cross a bridge, which you would not want to do if you suffer from vertigo. I would not want to do the walk in ski boots.

Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank JAJK66
Reviewed 5 February 2020 via mobile

The management and staff are friendly, professional and helpful and do their best to make the stay comfortable. The rooms and hotel in general is very clean and well equipped. The bar and surrounding area has two fireplaces and with the nice seating gives a very cozy feel. The pool area too is nice but the massage rooms are next door so kids can’t fully enjoy what the beautiful indoor pool has to offer. That minor thing apart, everything else was great and chef and staff went out of their way to prepare vegetarian pastas multiple times which was not on menu for us and our son and there were lots of warm gestures. I would easily recommend the place to my family, friends and colleagues.

Date of stay: January 2020