All reviews presidential suite sea view open sea first floor limited free parking stayed here for one night comfortable bed buffet breakfast would stay here again two nights ferry terminal slots seafront receptionist beachside renovation mercure
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The hotel is under renovation, consquently when we first arrived we thought the hotel was closed. Eventually, we went into the casino and noticed that the reception was on the first floor, like other guests we were given a free drink in the casino. The room itself was excellent, as was the breakfast. But it was a long walk from were we'd parked through exstensive renovation works, through the casino, up the stairs and along long corridors with with rolled up carpets & building equipment to the reception. I would advice anyone not to go until the works are complete. Although the staff were friendly the room was excellent & the view from the room lovely. It would have been much more pleasurable without the exstensive works. There are only 4 or 5 parking slots when we eventually moved to a slot, we were blocked in by checking out time by several builders cars and had to wait for security to find the drivers to get them moved.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed here because the Mercure was full. There was a film event/festival going on I think.

Stayed at the suite. Room was very spacious, and clean. We had an amazing view of the sea, nice to wake up to in the morning.

The breakfast the next morning was really good, with a wide variety that caters to everybody.

Only downside is that they had renovations going on ( on a grand scale, from what I saw), so I was a bit confused as to why they were still open. I mean, if you are going to be painting walls, replacing carpets, and taking lifts out of service; throw in the occasional use of loud wielding tools and the accompanying dust ; What you are selling is a health hazard and a disaster waiting to happen. The least you can do is warn potential customers if you intend to do renovations.

But overal, It was a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Good price; great location.
Breakfast was okay; but a little bit short on fresh fruit.
You have to sign not to smoke in the room, but; I couldn't leave my window open without second hand smoke drifting in. I know a lot was coming from electritions working out side my room on the roof; but I think other guests may also have climbed out on the roof to smoke. I hate the smell of smokers; so, against my will I had to keep my window shut much of the time. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Much more expensive for beach view. If you want the beach....it is just across the street.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Great location & the rooms were fine but we were not warned of the extensive renovations going on. The website mentions maybe a little noise. There was no noise problem but the reception area, stairwells etc were building sites. The lift was not working the first day so we braved the flighty ataircases. The handrails were covered in thick dust & I'm sure the fumes & dust were a health hazard. We were given a coupon for a drink in the casino to compensate! When I spoke to the receptionist she said that we should have been informed & that, as we had paid in full up front it would be 'too complicated ' to do anything else for us.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Charlotte P, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel du Casino de Dieppe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Dee, thank you for your review.
We are sorry you were not aware of the renovation works, we published the information on all websites from August.
Indeed, all reservations prepaid are non refundable.
We would be so happy to welcome you again when the renovation is done by March 2018.

Kind Regards,
Charlotte

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We came to Dieppe for the annual Retro car weekend and stayed at the Casino - a nod to a retro past when Dieppe had a MASSIVE beachside pleasure palace - see historic picture attached.

This is an ideal place to stay if you want a good mid-range place to stay and want to want to get out and about rather than spend time 'a l'hotel' . The hotel sits over the casino and, together with the restaurant on the second floor, is an useful amenity to the slots and tables rather than the main event - the reception is on the first floor. Rooms are arranged over the first to third floors and whilst there are renovations taking place at lower levels, they all seem recently refreshed and decorated. We weren't aware of any noise from the casino, bars or fellow patrons.

Our room had a 'city view' from which morning sun and the castle could be enjoyed - although rather a lot of air conditioning plant as well. The bedroom was of a reasonable size and the bathroom had a separate entrance from the mini-hall: smart with a bath and shower over, generously sized basin and good lighting. The bed was large and comfy with nice quality cotton sheets/ duvet cover and pillows. Usual hotel amenities abound including a safe.

Service was pleasant and effective; cleanliness was generally good and the bathroom spotless, but some of the carpets could benefit from cleaning.

Easy to find from the ferry terminal and a great location for touring on foot, bike or by car. Limited free parking is available adjacent to the hotel entrance, but if this is full free parking may be arranged in one of the 'Indigo' car parks opposite. Pets can also stay by arrangement!

Good value for room-only at €95 per night for two people.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear SCM_Tearle, thank you for your nice & detailed review !
It is a pleasure to see descriptions like yours which will be helpful for Guests in the future.
We hope you enjoyed the famous Dieppe Rétro gathering, and we would be so happy to welcome you again next year ! Moreover, all the renovation works will be done by March 2018.
We look forward to welcome you again next year !

Kind Regards,