“comfortable and plesant surroundings”
Review of Hummingbird

Hummingbird
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llanover
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Much nicer than the usual high street coffee shops.Three of us visited today and enjoyed a selection of coffees and gorgeous ice slices.My husband enjoyed a bacon sandwich with lovely fresh bread.My mother-in-law also purchased homemade corned beef pie to take away [she had previously tried and recommends].Nothing too much trouble and even better now they have introduced a loyalty scheme where you get a free bacon or egg sandwich with every 10th coffee purchased.

1  Thank bradley16wales

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We have visited seven or eight times for coffees or light lunch and it has been very consistent. Always clean and good service a pleasant place for a drop in.

1  Thank davidbhunt
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Fab little place , very welcoming .enjoyed our lunch, recommend you try A S A P .gift shop with lovely crafts etc .

1  Thank Sherrel T
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I frequently visit this lovely cafe with my father. The food is always freshly prepared and tasty. The staff are friendly and welcoming.
Excellent all round service.

1  Thank Caroline D
Reviewed 11 February 2017

This place had been recommended to me by 2 different people in the last week so had to try it ! I must have passed it several times on the way to Abergavenny and not noticed it ! But, actually clearly signposted and easy parking. We called in fairly early in the day so we're looking for a " breakfast " of sorts- the bacon sandwiches were an easy choice. Choice of bread and the bacon was good quality- lean and plenty of it and the tomato sauce was really nice. Good presentation and interesting interior -very on trend, muted colours aligned to the Llanover colour scheme. Small adjoining gift shop with local produce - wines, chocolate, jewellery, cards and the like. It would be good to see more Welsh cards and gifts with Welsh on them , if possible. The Welsh cakes , on the counter, looked inviting and as for the coffee and walnut cake - worth coming back for , methinks, later in the day !
My only complaint was that I was overcharged and it took a long time to sort it out - in the end the staff gave up trying to interrogate their new till system and just gave me the money back. Sacrificed their tip there !
I hope this coffee shop does flourish and continues to work on local provenance - I will return !

2  Thank MargaretPonthir