“Weekend getaway”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
jollyhone...
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 8 November 2017 for a stay in September 2017

My boyfriend and I came here for a long weekend with our dog. Had an amazing time. The lodge itself is really comfy and cosy, and the garden area nice and secure for the dog to be left unattended. The hot tub was amazing, especially with the surrounding views. Plenty of places to explore around area too. The owner was really helpful and not at all intrusive. Would definitely recommend!

lynse35
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 1 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

This place is great. The lodge is lovely, very clean and has all you could want inside. The views and the decking area is also very nice. We had a picnic at the private garden area at the back. Again wonderful views. Sitting in the hot tub in the evening stargazing was the highlight to each day.
Andrew is great he is there if you need him but is not intrusive. He was friendly from 1st contact.
Thanks for a lovely few days we will definitely be returning.

Sammi P
“Absolutely ruined my birthday! ”
Reviewed 17 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Booked the lodge as a bit of a birthday break and a romantic few days with my partner. When we arrived we were greeted by the owner and he was very pleasant and explained everything such as how to use the hot tub etc.
That night we had a great night sat under the stars in the hot tub for about 6 hours.
The next day we went for a lovely walk to the waterfall and when we got back decided to rest our legs and get in the hot tub, after being in it for an hour the owner came walking up our private drive telling us to get out of the hot tub and that it's not a "bath tub" and that for health and safety it can only be used for 20 minutes - 3 times a day!
He also mentioned that the jets burn out of left for long periods and would cost him £1000 to fix "which isn't your problem it's mine" he said.
So when he left we both felt quite deflated as we had paid £400+ for a hot tub holiday and were now told that we can't use it!
My partner then spoke to the manufacturer of the hot tub and they stated that there is no "actual" time limit- and that it is users discretion.
There was no welcome pack or no where on Wales Cottage Holiday website to state that we could only use it for such a short time, yet reading the visitors book appeared most people had spent all night in it, yet obviously hadn't been "told off".
That night we sat on the decking feeling really upset that we couldn't use the lodges full amenities when in the distance someone came around shining a torch directly at the lodge and mainly "hot tub" my partner walked down to the drive and the person disappeared so my partner closed the gate back up and we went to bed having decided we would leave a day early that planned.
When we awoke this morning our gate was open again and this made me feel unsafe and insecure as I felt we were being watched and had no privacy.
I phoned the company and I should have complained while I was there and not waited until I got home but as I explained I just wanted to leave and not have any confrontation again. No refund for my one nights loss was offered!
It's my birthday tomorrow and now I just feel really upset that I can't enjoy it in wales!

On a positive note

The lodge was very clean, immaculate condition. Sky TV with movies ready to be watched, towels provided. Dishwasher also.

Just a shame that the hot tub is obviously just there for show and actually lot to be used!

Management Response
19 May 2017
Hi Sammi
Thank you very much for your feedback.
I'm really sorry to hear that your birthday was ruined as a result of your experience at Lovers' Lodge. We have discussed your comments with the owner of the lodge. He feels that he should do his utmost to ensure guests adhere to recommended guidelines that a hot tub should be used for no more than 20-25 minutes at a time. He has advised us that guests' health and safety is paramount to him and he wishes to do all he can to ensure guests are not putting themselves in any danger. We realise that this obviously didn't come across in the way he approached you and for that we can only apologise sincerely. It hasn't been raised as an issue to us by previous guests but we will be monitoring this closely and if necessary, we will include this information for future guests at the lodge.
As a gesture of goodwill, we would be very happy to offer you a discount on a future stay in Wales with us. We have a good choice of properties with hot tubs and would be only too happy to suggest somewhere else at a discounted rate if you would like to return.
Kind Regards
Laura
Jodieloui...
“Perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed 13 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Stayed here for 3 nights. Lodge was spotlessly clean and had everything you could need. It was always lovely and warm and we only needed to put the heating on a few times. The cabin was in a perfect location and it was lovely and secluded. we were lucky to have amazing weather all weekend so we could explore the local area. The hot tub was amazing and we used it Day and night. It made the weekend that extra special. We visited the waterfall trail and Elam valley dams which were breathtaking and worth the short drive. Would definitely recommend to friends/family and we will be visiting again later in the year.

Rebekah Y
“Great Lodge”
Reviewed 6 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

What a great little get-a-way. The lodge was very clean and everything was a high standard. it had everything we needed for a few days away. Very relaxing stay, especially with the hot tub. The location was great and private. Plenty of wildlife around and very quiet and dark on a night which is just what you need when you come from a busy town centre.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Relaxing hot tub.
Liked least: Mattress could be a little comfier but maybe I'm just used to my own
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing