“Rest stop after Loch Lochy”

Moorings Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Banavie
Price range: US$24 - US$39
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Moorings offers mouth-watering cuisine in our Restaurant, using fine Scottish produce, including west coast seafood and Highland game. The Upper Deck Lounge bar also serves a range of tasty bar meals including fish, chicken and pasta dishes.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with very warm and welcoming staff. The coffee and cake was lovely, would happily recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Wish I took a picture but my beer battered haddock was less than 7 inches long by 3 inches wide with burnt and soggy batter. If I had two that size I would have been slightly happier but at £15.95 it was a disgrace. The chef should be embarrassed and ask themselves if they would be happy to receive such a small portion.
I have had fish and chips all round the world and this ranks as the most disappointing and I would still be complaining even if it was the standard at £9.95. Real shame as waiting staff were very helpful.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Nice little coffee stop but utter chaos reigns. Meant to be table service but nobody came. Went to counter and ordered and they said they would bring it to the table. Coffee arrived without milk, scone without butter or jam or cream. Took another 5 mins to sort that out. Tables piled with dirty dishes not being cleared, but it was never full while we were there. Better system required as food was good. Very unimpressed.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Visiting Banavie by boat whilst on holiday we booked a table in the restaurant. The restaurant was very nice and modern.
We ordered our food and when it arrived my husband asked for the vinegar. The waitress brought him a sachet of vinegar, he was horrified and asked if they had any in a proper dispenser/bottle. The waitress went away to find out if there was any other vinegar. When she returned she said the sachets were all that they had.

I find it hard to believe that you can go to a lovely restaurant and spend over £100 for 4 diners and be served vinegar this way.... disgusted!!!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Well..... I was fifty and I fancied getting out of the city to somewhere quiet, Fort William hits the spot. And seeing that I reached that landmark something a little bit special was required, would the Moorings hit the spot?

I first noted when I went to visit Neptunes Staircase, it looked jolly nice, a few reviews later and I was as sure as you can be. I booked via myhotelbreak, two nights d,b n b.

We got there after taking in some of the sights, a little tired and a wee bit hungry. Angus, a rather pleasant fellow, met and greeted us, then led us through a labyrinth of corridors to our room, number 21, my birthday, surely a good sign. The room was well proportioned, spacious, spotless with a large bathroom. There were ample towels, robes, slippers and toiletries. Bottled water and the obligatory kettle with biccies etc. All very nice. Angus opened the curtains to unveil a tremendous view of the staircase in the foreground and Nevis in the back, stunning.

Breakfasts had all the usual hot and cold stuff and was very nice. I had fish both mornings, spot on, as was the porridge and the cooked stuff on show.

Dinners were pretty good too. Highlights were the salmon starter, done two ways with potato salad, yum. The haggis was real good too. Mains that stuck out were the steak pie my wife had, oodles of beef, with a delish gravy and the usual trimmings. Her chicken with peppercorn sauce was pretty alright as well. I had a risotto, which was really filling; I opted for this as I did not want to be too full, I was. Loads of mushrooms and cheese ‘crisps’ to accompany. The second evening, I played a cute game and made sure I was starving, my lamb rump was a treat, soft and juicy, served with a boat of sauce and the usual veg, tatties etc. I really enjoyed it. After it I was too full for pudes.

For a special event the Moorings hits the spot, it is a really nice hotel. The public areas are inviting, the staff very pleasant and if you get a room with that view, I sure you’ll not be disappointed. Of course I will return.