All reviewselizabeth harbourperfect hotelwater taxilong weekendwi fiprivate balconycomfortable bedstocking islandour entire staygrocery storeguidorenovationgeorgetownbahamasexumadocksnorkeling
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I just got home last night from staying at Peace & Plenty for 10 days or so. Jim M. is right about the restaurant, but I think his review of the hotel is a little harsh. The hotel, in my opinion, is great and definitely worth staying at, but yes you should avoid the restaurant at all costs.

I'll start with the good... We didn't plan on staying at Peace & Plenty, but since our Airbnb ended up being worse than a prison in a third world country we decided to give this hotel a chance. I'm glad we did. My son loved the hotel. The rooms were nice, very clean and overall I'm very happy with it. In fact we are already planning a trip back in a few months. I've stayed at places all over the world and when I find one I like, which is rare for me, I tend to go back. Peace & Plenty is definitely on the list now.

+39, the restaurant at Peace & Plenty, is awful with the absolute worst service I have ever experienced. The servers will just not bring you things you ask for. this happened to me multiple times there. Extremely slow service and they actually make you feel like an inconvenience when you ask for something. Maybe they like to keep you guessing as to when and if you will get something?? This was by far the worst dining experience while in Exuma. We only ate at the hotel when other places we liked were closed and it probably would have been better to just save the money and not eat at all.

Bottom line - stay at the hotel, eat at Shirley's and the Driftwood Cafe.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas C
Kristen C, Manager at Club Peace & Plenty, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Greetings Douglas C,

Guests have been raving about our updated rooms and we’re delighted you felt pampered. We apologize for the situation you’ve highlighted regarding your experience with the restaurant and we have shared your comments with the Plus 39 team as well. They are putting in place new policies and training procedures and we again apologize that this impacted your experience. We thank you for the review and hope you’ll visit us again one day to enjoy the fully upgraded Peace and Plenty.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is newly renovated and it was beautiful the front desk clerk was very pleasant and welcoming the staff was very helpful, there is a Yoga instructor on staff that was great . The restaurant was great the food was delicious. The hotel is located on the water with a great view of the famous Elizabeth harbor

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Deann C
Kristen C, Manager at Club Peace & Plenty, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Greetings Deann C from Exuma,

We thank you for the fabulous review and we’re thrilled you so thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. So happy you were able to join us for a complementary yoga session! I will be sure to pass on your kind words about the staff and the restaurant. Come back soon so that we can give you the 5-bubble stay you deserve!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

From the first walk up to the hotel you just feel they know what their doing, and that continued our entire stay. Amazing team, fantastic location and the entire hotel is decorated perfectly with everything you could need. We utilized the hotel restaurant which was spot on and the service provided was exceptional. The hotel views and location could go toe to toe with any on the island! You can’t walk through the hotel lobby or to your room without one of the amazing team members greeting you and offering any service needed, just an overall incredible stay at a gem of a hotel - we will be back and staying with Peace & Plenty.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kristen C, Manager at Club Peace & Plenty, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Greetings Mike S!

Thank you so much for sharing your review! I am delighted that our team was attentive and helpful throughout your stay and I am excited to pass on your kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed the newly designed and renovated rooms. Our location is hard to beat and we’re elated you had an opportunity to explore not just the beach, but everything else that is at our doorstep. Once more we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you’re ready for more sun and sand.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

A "Sunday after the National Family Island Regatta has ended and the streets of Georgetown are empty in less than 12 hours" tradition has been to enjoy the quiet by first going to St. Andrew’s Agnlican Church on the hill in Georgetown and then walking downhill about 100 feet and crossing the road to have a late brunch at PeacenPlenty. The facility was recently sold and has undergone a management and staff change and we’ve heard very mixed reviews from the locals, much of it related to service, or lack thereof.

Given that we were among less than a dozen patrons, service was not an issue. Nor quality of the food that we ordered: cracked chicken and grouper fingers along with fries and cole slaw. The grouper fingers were as always excellent. The chicken, although good, they weren’t as good as the grouper. (Oh really! How would you ever expect the best chicken in the world to be as good as any grouper?) With the exception of VAT, prices have remained unchanged. Brunch was about over $30, VAT and gratuity not included. With drinks, about $50. Do note that a 15% gratuity is automatically added, and VAT added on top of that.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Kristen C, Manager at Club Peace & Plenty, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hello pfigdore,

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your brunch here with us. Yes, during the week of the Regatta our restaurant put out local foods on the menu and I agree those grouper fingers were amazing. We do hope you decide to come back during our standard nights with exceptional Italian choices to choose from. Again we thank you for your kind comments and we are glad your experience was well.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Hotel is well located and beautifully refurbished. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Restaurant in hotel is very good and in that there are few restaurants available on the island, it is convenient to have option of meals in house. Negatives would be, no access to coffee in the morning until restaurant opens . Pool in the center of the property is not used nor does it look inviting.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kristen C, Manager at Club Peace & Plenty, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Greetings wscott101,

We appreciate your review and your comments. We hope by the next time you visit there will be coffee machines in the rooms. It was a treat to welcome you to Exuma and we hope we may do so again soon.

Warm Regards,