“Fun, informative and most certainly respectful of ALL those who served”

Handmaid Tours Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Orglandes
Reviewed 11 May 2018

My brother, our wives and I spent two days with John touring the D-Day beaches. My only criticism is of our judgement; to think that we could spend adequate time in two days, was incorrect. John was great, squeezing as much of Gold, Juno and Sword in as he could, but it was a bit rushed because of the short time. Three or four days would have been better.

We felt John was enormously insightful, and I was certainly deeply moved by Omaha and the the cemeteries. I found John's comments on the statements made about the presentation of the monuments in the cemeteries and how that reflected on the different countries, fascinating.

And concerning prior negative reviews about McDonalds and KFC - I suspect that most would agree that especially when in Normandy, Cidre, Pommeau and Croques are the fast food and boissons of choice. We're American, all with significant life experience overseas, and I didn't sense even a scintilla of negativity towards any nationality, including the former opponents of WWII.

All reviews
"utah"
"history"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We spent two days with John at the end of September, 2017. As Americans, we have learned the history of d-day from a US perspective. John's vast knowledge of Operation Overlord provided insight into the international teamwork and sacrifice required for a successful invasion. John has talked to so many Veterans over the years regarding their experiences, that he brings to life the events from Utah to Sword beaches and beyond. Those experiences highlight the courage and terror facing the Allied Forces that day. Lastly, John is entertaining with a great sense of humor.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

John provided our group of 4 with a truly great experience as he took us us through the Utah and Omaha Beach areas of Normandy. He had an incredible knowledge of events relating to the times and places of D-Day - he is the only person I have met with a passion for Bunkers of the non golf variety. We spent a fantastic day with John, the beaches, cemeteries, the church at St Mere Eglise, had been places of history which John personalised with a true warmth of feeling. A truly memorable day, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Thoroughly recommended. NB this is my first review on any sort of travel/social media medium - normally my wife does them - but this was such a good day I felt I should say something. Doug S.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

John was easy to work with, prompt, not in a hurry and allowed us to see what we wanted versus a canned tour. He added a great deal of perspective to our visit to the different Beaches and cemeteries. He has a British viewpoint which we found very enjoyable. I think we would have missed a lot of the historical points had we done it on our own. We enjoyed a casual tour with John. I would recommend him as your choice when visiting the area.