All reviews welsh cakes local pub long drive roll top bath on arrival top floor stunning views honesty bar a wonderful stay wonderful hosts north wales your doorstep made us feel b and b conwy castle dressing room attention to detail
Reviewed 3 June 2018

My Father was evacuated in Rowen as a boy so we came back for a visit with family and stayed at the Coed Mawr hotel we had a lovely time here it was the first anniversary of losing our Mum last year so it was nice to spend time with family and my little nephew turned 4years old, the owners made it very special for us and looked after us all they were amazing and the accommodation was superb and the hospitality was amazing. Thank you for a lovely memorable time. Carol and Phil, Scot, Alison and Wil, and Dad (Ronald Williams).

Room Tip: All rooms are superb but the ones on the front have a fab view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We never stay anywhere twice, but we made an exception for this place. Amazing location, fabulous rooms, lovely welcoming hosts and tremendous breakfast. Perfect. We got a lovely welcome of coffee and welsh cakes when we arrived, and lots of helpful advice four our stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Hardly have I ever been more welcomed somewhere than here. At arrival she immediately stepped out of the house helping us with the luggage. And although we could coffee on our room she made some for us including tea and freshly baked cookies. Wow, so kind. I really have not much to complain. The only thing was that the bed for me with a length of 1.93 meter was a little too short but all the other things were perfect. We slept in the family room and loved the entire stay. Enough choice on the menu to choose from with breakfast so what more can I say. If I will even go back to this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We had the pleasure of staying here last week and we had an amazing time from the moment we arrived we felt at home. We were warmly greeted by Andrew with warm welsh cakes and coffee and shown to our immaculate, beautiful room which had amazing views,a fabulously comfortable bed and a luxurious bathroom. Our breakfast served in the gorgeous dining room was outstanding and we left feeling thoroughly relaxed and totally happy. Hope to return soon and will definitely recommend this fabulous place to everyone we know. Andrew and Beth obviously work very hard as the attention to detail in the house/welcome and breakfast was spectacular ,it was very much appreciated, thanks again. Louise and David wood .

Room Tip: Beautiful views
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

This BB is more like a Boutique hotel nestled in magnificent countryside with stunning views over Rowen .
Perfect for a tranquil getaway but close enough to other attractions in north Wales Snowdon and Conwy etc , and two very local pubs that serve food.

My husband and I have been fortunate to stay in some magnificent places and Cowed mawr is no exception, except to say the hosts Beth and Andrew are fantastic !
The house itself is beautiful , Beth has a keen eye for interior design it's mildly remenicent of Soho house a perfect blend of elegance and fun .
The rooms are spacious and very clean and the views of Rowen are spectacular .
There are also some cottages to the side of the property which we would love to stay in next time! Beth kindly showed them to us ,
Andrew served a traditional Welsh breakfast which was delicious there is a good selection available for breakfast super tasty and well presented .
It's perfect for families and couples and could not recommend highly enough!
I'm not one to write a review but just had too!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family