“Nice”
Review of Icelandic Wonders

Icelandic Wonders
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Icelandic Wonders museum, takes you in a journey to the hidden world of the Icelandic Elfs, Hidden by most, they can be seen if they feel like it. We have a beautifull world of the Elfs inside our Museum, visitors get an audio guide, telling them some stories and facts about the Elfs, As well having an theatre showing a movie about the Northern Lights.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

In my opinion it was interresting. The trolls are missing but i think that is ok. The staff is pretty nice and the stories are really interresting.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

If your answer is yes, then you should visit the Elves museum (and also the nearby ghost museum - that's the more scary part). There you can find stories about the elves and also about how the northern lights are working and what's their cultural meaning in different places on earth. After the visit you can also ask the person at the museum desk about some travelling tips about the area - you'll surely get some good ones.

Julia M, Manager at Icelandic Wonders, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Thank you dear friend for positive input on your visit at the museum!
We want people to learn about the culture that has sprung out from the nature around us, witch has helped making and creating these amazing and to us important stories,
Have a lovely winter and i hope everything is going good for you and your family!
Best wishes to your future,
Julia

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I'm not sure I can find anything good to say about this place. My immediate words after we left were, "I want the last hour of my life back." The ghost part stunk so bad I had to walk around with my scarf over my nose and mouth. It smelled like rotting fish and dirt. We wound up skipping through because the smell was so bad and the content was so mind numbingly boring.

There is a pink cloth draped over some round light thing in the elves area that is held down with black office clips that would normally be used to clip paper together. That was really tacky and pretty much sums up how terrible the exhibit is.

We paid 25,000 ISK for a boring stinky exhibit. Don't waste your time.

Julia M, Manager at Icelandic Wonders, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dearest little traveller!
I wish i could give you your hour back!
However since i can not do so, lets go over your review a little,
The stories did not get your attention, maybe because of the smell of the fish factory down stairs, wich sometimes wants to come upstiars and creep up on our guests, its a good thing that , it does not happen often, and i am sorry you had to have that during your visit! I understand that , when thinking of the horrible thing of needing a scarf to protect you from the smell , listening to stories is not fun!
The tacky paperclips, The museum is privet founded, so little by little and step by step it is in progress and we are always both willing and longing to get advise and ideas on how to make it better. All though your review does not paint a pretty picture of it, we thank you, because now we see a few points that are in our control and we can fix. i would have loved to hear from you about the stories,..what parts you did not like and why? :)
How ever,..i hope you had a great stay in Iceland , and had the chance to be in our awsome nature! Best wishes and allt the best... Julia

Reviewed 25 March 2016

The Elves museum is really cute and atmosphere inside the museum show you how the elves look like and how they live in the nature. After this museum I visit the other one, Ghost museum. You must be really strong person, to go inside alone. It was creepy but in the same time funny. I am glad that I learned something about the ghosts and elves from Iceland. Staff was super friendly and view to the ocean is spectacular.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 August 2015

We have travelled all round Iceland and seen some fantastic sights and visited some wonderful musuems. Unfortunately this is not one of them.
Firstly, the audio guides simply don't work. There were four of us and not one of them worked properly. The exhibits are poorly labelled making the tour difficult to follow and the whole place is tired. When we complained about the audio guides, the lady on the reception simply shrugged and couldn't really care less. We felt we wasted our money and even the gift shop is old and dusty. I would give this a miss unless you have a particular fascination for trolls and elves. Our children very disappointed.

1  Thank DGMBristol