“Loved this Dream cabin by the lake!!”

Review of Quiet Bay Landing

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Regena M
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Loved this Dream cabin by the lake!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2015 for a stay in June 2015

It's an amazing family cabin. Plenty of room for the family and a boat dock right outside. You can fish right off the personal dock. We celebrated my sons graduation there and it was perfect!! The beds are so comfy and the kitchen is amazing. The basement has a pool table and foosball and a couch comfy enough to sleep on. Also, the town is so awesome too. The people that work in that town are so nice. You will love it. This is our second time staying there and we will stay again.
A special thanks to the owners for sharing their cabin with us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: They were so accommodating. They came out right away when I called them for something.
Liked least: Just no walkway to the dock. Just dirt, but not a big deal.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ca.

Rugged travelers
Management Response
12 Sep 2012
OWNER RESPONSE:
I am the owner of Quiet Bay Landing and I would like to address Tricia’s review of our home. We worked extremely hard – blood, sweat and tears – to build what we think is an unbelievable mountain getaway. Before we built it, we knew we wanted to rent it out. We knew that we wanted to provide our guests with an incredible mountain experience and a premier vacation getaway. It astonishes us to read a review like the one Tricia wrote. If you look at the pictures and read the description of our property, you will start to get a feel for our home. But people who have been in our home say that the pictures and description don’t do it justice. The years of planning, all of our savings and the hard work of the best contractors we could put together, resulted in a log home masterpiece that is more beautiful than we even imagined in our minds. It is a 5,000 square foot full log home with extra large diameter logs that are scribed by hand to maintain the beauty and show the character of the wood. It is a masterpiece. Every room has a view of the lake. The location is a 10 out of 10. It is furnished by a professional decorator. There is not a better location on Big Bear Lake. There is not a nicer home on the lake. It has the largest dock with a custom canopy, a huge beautiful deck overlooking the water with a gorgeous hot tub, the stone work is magnificent, done with 6 different stones – real rock. A large theatre room/game room/bar, two entertainment centers with huge flat screen TV’s. So you can understand when Tracy writes that she is disappointed that she did not have a hot pad in a custom kitchen that has all brand new Viking appliances it bothers me and makes me question one’s perception, judgment and character…. I wonder why she did not call Cool Cabins and request a hot pad? She complained about not having a fire during the hottest month of the year – August. The fireplace would not start because we had a very expensive complex igniting system installed so renters could light the fire by remote. Because of her criticism I have taken this system out and now the fireplace in the Great Room can be simply lit manually by turning on the gas and using a hand-held lighter – fool proof. The WIFI went down during her stay – not in our control. But I have now installed a premium WIFI system that works off the cable lines instead of the phone lines so it will rarely go down. In addition, I installed a premium commercial grade modem that has an extra strong signal. When I tested it, it went all the way to the dock. Regarding the walk to the dock; I am waiting for 4 governmental agencies for an approval to build a seawall. Once the seawall is constructed, the backyard will be beautifully landscaped…… and, Tricia, the rental rate will increase. Until then, renters must walk about 30 feet on dirt to get to the dock. If this is a chore, you should look to another cabin, but you won’t find a nicer home in a nicer location, closer to the water for the money. The Great Room window doors will remain locked. There are three other doors that lead out to the same deck. One of the doors is only about 10 feet from the locked doors. The two locked doors have a complex locking system that renters cannot seem to figure out – so they have left our home unlocked. These doors are part of two huge windows and could have easily been built, and probably should have been built, as solid windows. There is no need to open these doors – it is unfathomable why Tricia would complain about walking a few feet to go through another door to the deck. Cool Cabins and I agree that these doors should, and will, remain locked. There are two sound systems; one in the Great Room and the other in the Theatre Room. Both are operable and sound fantastic and were so for Tricia. The outside speakers cannot be used by renters to prevent disturbing neighbors - this is a City Code Violation. If Tricia would have just called Cool Cabins to discuss this, instead of sounding off publicly on the Internet, they would have informed her of this law and helped her deal with her other issues. If a hot pad, locked doors when there are three other doors to our deck, walking 30 feet to get to the dock, and having no fireplace in July are considered “Key Elements” as Tracy calls them, then we apologize. We have addressed these “Key Elements”. Anyone else that has a propensity to complain and do not have a grounded perspective of the incredible beauty of this home and its unbelievable location should seriously look somewhere else to rent. For anyone looking forward to vacationing at an incredible one-of-a-kind craftsman lodge home with unbelievable views, tons of amenities and a perfect location, you have found it. You have also found the best rental agency in Big Bear. I have been renting cabins in Big Bear for 15 years – I choose Cool Cabins because they are the best.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing