“Super ! Fantastic !”

Front door.
Living-room with stove
Living-room
Dining-room
Dining room with ancestor attending supper
Downstairs bedroom
Downstairs bedroom (11 m2) with shower 'en suite'
Downstairs bedroom
Upstairs bedroom (14 m2)
Master pieces
Upstairs bedroom (11 m2)
Upstairs bathroom
Front door.
Children's cottage and teeny kitchen-garden
Lawn with children's seats
Meadow
Internet salon beside owner's house (open Wi-Fi, parlour games, news, DVD...)
Internet salon.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

James L
Paris, France
“Super ! Fantastic !”
Reviewed 2 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

A charming house with three bedrooms in the middle of the fields. Ideal for both relaxing in this amazing bit of countryside and / or visiting the nearby Normandy features such as Deauville, Pont L'Eveque, Honfleur etc. If you come with children there's even a superb open style zoo a few miles down the road.
The house also has fireplace (with glass doors which is important for child safety) and a comfortable leather sofa ! We loved the large garden, open fields, horses nearby, and generally had a superb stay. We definitely recommend this place.

Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
borderlov...
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“A dog's view on his first trip to France”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

My owners visit France quite often but this was my first trip and I could sense they were a little nervous as to whether I would settle in the cottage and also about the trip to the vets before bringing me home. No need to worry, my friend Isabelle took care of anything for us.
We were spending the New Year at Leopold's Cottage and when we arrived there the cottage was lovely with Christmas decorations and a Christmas Tree - which, due to my good manners and upbringing, I did not try to use as an indoor toilet! Isabelle came to greet us that afternoon and gave us advice on the appointment with the vet which she made and even drew us a map on how to get there - she also told us about any events locally. My owners had asked, prior to their visit, about having a meal at a local restaurant on New Year's Eve - Isabelle had suggested a few including her favourite and then took care of making the arrangements for us. We spent the days out exploring locally - it was great fun for me to be allowed into places for lunch - under the table of course. The best part of the day for me was returning to the cottage, watching the fire be laid and lit before curling up in front of it for the rest of the evening.
I would certainly return to the cottage - it's a great place for both two and four legs to enjoy.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The way the cottage was so homely
Liked least: Only one very minor thing - wi-fi access would be nice but it wasn't a major issue.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Debbie G
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Magical cottage”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Leopold's Cottage is a magical place. It is a very pretty house in beautiful surroundings. It is well equipped and very comfortable. Myself, my husband, two sons, mum and two little dogs had a wonderful stay. Isabelle, the owner, is lovely and very helpful. She met us in the village to guide us to the cottage and show us around. She lives a short drive away and was there if we needed her.
Our boys enjoyed feeding the donkey and horses in the field at the back of the house. Our dogs loved playing fetch in the large garden and exploring the fields around. We enjoyed sitting on the terrace with a glass of wine (or local cider). The absence of WiFi and English TV was a bonus as we played scrabble etc. which was great family time.
Pont L'Eveque has a range of shops and a large Intermarche (15 mins drive). It is a good base to visit the D Day beaches, Pegasus Bridge and the Bayeux tapestry. The villages around are very pretty e.g. Beuvron en Auge.
We really want to return to explore more and hope to stay in Leopold's cottage again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Charm of the cottage and its surroundings
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
DilKirbs
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Just as good the second time around :o)”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We rebooked Leopold's after having such a great relaxing time last year, this year we returned as part of a test trip to Europe in our ancient VW Campervan, again with 4 kids ranging from 4yrs to 12 yrs.

The cottage is well equipped and clean and homely, in a lovely quiet position and Isabelle was as welcoming as ever, having a few mechanical issues with the campervan she even loaned us one of her vehicles so we could use it to jump start ours on the morning of our departure...really going above and beyond !

The kids spent hours feeding the donkey and pony in the field behind the cottage and messing around in a large paddling pool we took with us, there is a DVD player for playing our Frozen DVD repeatedly (next time we really must take more DVD's as I think 'Let it Go is burnt into my mind forever!) and a woodburner and good supply of logs if the weather turns alongside the central heating.(and thanks to whoever left the Scrabble set too)

There is no Wi-Fi at the cottage which is a plus for us adults as a total getaway from work, but for those that like to check in there is an internet café currently being constructed at Isabelles Farmhouse which is a mile or so away, we popped over to use the playground, feed the sheep and horses and to update our Facebook status with the wi-fi ;o) you are always made to feel very welcome.

Locally, you need a car to get to shops/attractions and we divided our time between Pont l'eveque which has a new Hypermarket and Lisieux and the smaller shops in the villages nearby. Isabelle can advise the best places to get your morning bread and croissants.

We will be back again for sure and still hoping to arrange to stay in one of the other properties either sans kids or with an extended group.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: peaceful setting ..very relaxing
Liked least: nothing really ...
Travelling group: Young Children
Older travelers People with pets
wayner196...
Broughton Gifford, United Kingdom
“The best Gite I have stayed in”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

My name is Jeffery & I am a Jack Russell. My Mum & Dad took me to France for the first time in November. When we arrived at Leopold's Cottage we were me by a lovely lady called Isabelle. I went up & licked her straightaway. I could she was a nice lady.
The house is great. It had a fantastic fire to lay in front of. There was plenty of wood & I felt so warm. When my Mum & Dad weren't looking I got up on the sofa very comfortable.

Each day my Dad would take me around the fields close to the gite. There were lots of things for me to explore.

The cottage was close to the sea. I spent every day on the beach. My best moment was on the 11th I was on the Normandy beaches at 11 o clock.

Just before we came home Isabelle made me an appointment at the vets. It was so easy. I was only in the vet's for 15mins.

I can't wait to come back to this place!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing