Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2018

The location of this lodge is picturesque, it is right on the shore line, the chalets are lovely and for what you pay, it is really value for money. There are definitely some highlights worth mentioning, the chef, Alex is a local with such a talent, the food he made was delicious and his execution of the dishes showed some real talent and skill, really amazing! Leonardo, the young man who ran up and down tirelessly to cater to our every need, friendly and enthusiastic, such a treat. Herbie, the Manager that gave 100% all the time to try and make sure we got what we needed no matter how hard it was to get it. Etienne, fishing is clearly your passion and the trip we had on the boat was really great.

There are some very important things you need to know before booking to stay here. Under no circumstances will your hatch make it to the resort, the beach sand makes it impossible to move without four wheel drive. That being said, you will get a tow into the lodge but note, this lodge is a good 20 min drive from the town so if you want anything at all, milk, a chocolate, a snack, you need to think about whether you want to be stranded in one spot your entire holiday or just spare yourself by bringing a 4x4.

The lodge is an "eco-friendly" lodge, you will have hot water for about 30 minutes a day and electricity for about 1 hour so bring power banks and whatever you need. Leave your hairdryer at home and anything that will suck up too much power. This lodge was hit by a cyclone in about Jan 2017, there are holes in some of the roofs that need repairing, the rain came through our roof and wet all our clothes, our drone, and basically everything. Although every effort was taken to make our stay more pleasant by Heribie, it was a real bummer. Lastly, when I said shoreline, I meant peninsula so the water is not clear enough to snorkel, you will need to take a trip on the boat or an hour’s drive to tofu to get some really clear water to snorkel in.

If you are a bunch of guys booking this place for a fishing trip of a lifetime, you are gonna have a great time!! Ladies, this might not be your ideal situation, we adapted pretty well. Hope this helps :)

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Silverfishlodge, Owner at Silver Fish Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

ladies are wellcome, but this is mozambique........, and not the ritz.....we have put in new batteries for our eco lodge, and the power lasts longer, but still no hairdryers...... we continue to improve our facilities. thank you

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed.... hi had to travel 20km on bad gravel... owner told me it was self catering... whilst having shower water was cut off... no petrol for generator... he then asked us to charge our phones because by 11 he needs to put power of... supper was bad.... fish was sticky.... i had booked in at 5 and had to leave at 7.30.... sad...

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

you didnt eat here,you ate in the town of maxixe, because you arrived a day late, without notification, and I sent my chef home. I prewarned you. you arrived from zambia, with late notification- I accommodated you at my inconvenience.Your group left for maputo the next morning early, by your own choice, due to the distance. I offered you a discount for the inconvienence of the generator that ran until 11pm- much longer than normal, which you accepted, only to burn me with this review. Do me a favour and dont come back, you are the one who is difficult. As for the road- what must I do? should I take the role of government and tar it????
Obviously, in the business, I cant please everyone.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently flew from the US to Inhambane Moz and spent 7 days fishing with Etienne at Silverfish Lodge. Let me first start by saying that it's not as hectic as it might sound to fly from the States to South Africa and then fly to Mozambique. You just need to plan your flights out to ensure that you have enough time to clear customs in RSA and have enough time to get your Visa for entry in Maputo Mozambique (all Inhambane flights will go through Maputo first). Everything in each airport is easily marked for international travelers and almost everyone speaks English. I really want to stress the point that is very simple to line up this trip from an international perspective... so don't let the distance, visa requirements and fear of the unknown keep you from enjoying a fishing trip of a lifetime.

It was my second trip to Inhambane for fishing and my third trip total to Moz and, as always, I was not disappointed. The first trip down for fishing (sept 2015) my brother and I boated and released back to back 125 pound sailfish. As well as another sailfish and a dozen or so tuna in two days fishing. Needless to say I was hooked on the fishing in the Indian Ocean. This time down I knew we were a bit early for the sailfish and marlin but there were other species I wanted to target, specifically a big Barracuda and big Wahoo. Captain Etienne and crew came through with flying colors!!! We boated a 55 pound Barracuda and multiple wahoo over the 40 pound mark and a 40 pound Couta (Kingfish) as well as Tuna, more Kingfish and Snook (Queen Mackerel). We fished for 4 days and had hookups and boated fish every day.

I have fished all over the world with many different charter captains and hands down Etienne is one of the best in the industry. He is extremely entertaining and engaging (which is necessary on the days the fish don't want to cooperate) and makes you feel like part of the team. I think he was actually as excited as I was each and every fish we boated. High fives and hand shakes were a common occurrence on the boat. His knowledge of the ocean and fish movement was impeccable and always seemed to put us on fish even when the bite was off or slow.

My wife joined us each and every day for fishing and although she doesn't fish, she loved being on the boat and seeing all the amazing ocean life. Every day we had front row seats to dolphins playing around the boat and dozens and dozens of humpback whales breaching and splashing with their family units.

If you have never had the pleasure of fishing the Indian Ocean or watching the sunrise or sunset from your private ocean paradise in Mozambique; I strongly recommend it. And compared to other vacations and fishing trips around the world, it is surprisingly affordable!!!!

Bring some beers and some tunes and have a fishing trip of a lifetime. We are already planning a return trip for Marlin next fall.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron S
Silverfishlodge, Owner at Silver Fish Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thanks for the kind words, Aaron. I'm just like that with fishing- I really enjoy it, and when I can put someone on a PB- i'm as excited as they are. Come back soon! Etienne

Reviewed 6 December 2015

From the moment we arrived at Inhambane Airport and were met by our host and owner Etienne Vercueil, we were in paradise. From the long though awesome trip to the lodge, to my pièce de résistance and that was catching my 30kg saillie on my birthday. The ambience and the food was superb, a true little piece of paradise under the African skies. We were there for 9 nights, 7 of them fishing every day, never a dull moment was had, we saw so many saillies, each day was special. Our bungalow, was ideal, right on the waters edge and perfect for sundowners and glorious early morning coffee. This is a true fishing lodge. I don't think I have ever partied so much as I did in celebration on my birthday. Pieto the chef worked up the most mouth watering meals for us, each day was a surprise, especially the stuffed crab a speciality from Maxixe, and Ill never forget Honeyballs, skipper you know what I mean. Thank you so much from both John and myself for a holiday we will never forget, hope to be back sometime in the New Year. Keep those saillies jumping and flying just like "Danca". Obrigada to everyone and well done Silverfish Lodge. It was a dream.

Room tip: the bungalow called "Marlin", right on the waters edge
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandy D
Silverfishlodge, Owner at Silver Fish Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you Mandy. Was an absolute pleasure meeting with you and John. Come again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Lucas and I spent 3 nights here. We were met by Etienne at the Inhambane airport and transported by water taxi and drive to the lodge. The food was good every day prepared by Raul. We went on a local boat across to the other side. Also went fishing the next day but unfortunately did catch anything. We saw lots of dolphins. Etienne made us feel welcome. On our way back to the airport he also took us to the local and craft market.
Would definitely recommend this lodge especially if you want to do fishing.

Room tip: Take the cottage closest to the ocean
Date of stay: February 2014