Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2015

From the moment we arrived at Inhambane Airport and were met by our host and owner Etienne Vercueil, we were in paradise. From the long though awesome trip to the lodge, to my pièce de résistance and that was catching my 30kg saillie on my birthday. The ambience and the food was superb, a true little piece of paradise under the African skies. We were there for 9 nights, 7 of them fishing every day, never a dull moment was had, we saw so many saillies, each day was special. Our bungalow, was ideal, right on the waters edge and perfect for sundowners and glorious early morning coffee. This is a true fishing lodge. I don't think I have ever partied so much as I did in celebration on my birthday. Pieto the chef worked up the most mouth watering meals for us, each day was a surprise, especially the stuffed crab a speciality from Maxixe, and Ill never forget Honeyballs, skipper you know what I mean. Thank you so much from both John and myself for a holiday we will never forget, hope to be back sometime in the New Year. Keep those saillies jumping and flying just like "Danca". Obrigada to everyone and well done Silverfish Lodge. It was a dream.

Room tip: the bungalow called "Marlin", right on the waters edge
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandy D
Silverfishlodge, Owner at Silver Fish Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you Mandy. Was an absolute pleasure meeting with you and John. Come again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Lucas and I spent 3 nights here. We were met by Etienne at the Inhambane airport and transported by water taxi and drive to the lodge. The food was good every day prepared by Raul. We went on a local boat across to the other side. Also went fishing the next day but unfortunately did catch anything. We saw lots of dolphins. Etienne made us feel welcome. On our way back to the airport he also took us to the local and craft market.
Would definitely recommend this lodge especially if you want to do fishing.

Room tip: Take the cottage closest to the ocean
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Had a great time at Silverfish lodge. Etienne and his staff were amazing. We were made to feel welcome immediately and the food was definitely a highlight. Fishing was great, got good fish every day. If you looking for a place with good people, great food and awesome fishing Silverfish lodge is the place to go.

Date of stay: December 2013
1  Thank cyril v
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My father and I have for ages been planning to break away on an angling trip to an exotic location where one would actually also catch some fish!
We could not have hoped for a better venue than Silverfish Lodge. The whole experience, from being collected at Inhambane airport by Etienne, the unique trip to the lodge (by tuck-tuck, water taxi and Etienne's Landcruiser), the tropical ambience of the lodge, the excellent cuisine prepared by chef Raoul, to the exhilarating crossings of the river mouth sandbanks out to White Sands or The Reef: and then the fishing has not even started! On board Etienne's expertise, ably assisted by his experienced right hand Pedro, and his willingness to share his knowledge regarding the art of trolling and drift baiting opened up a new world for us, to the extent that my dad's DIY trolling board is ready to be fitted on his semirigid rubberduck and the fishes of the Langebaan Lagoon better be prepared for a rough season.
We did not land any trophy specimens, but what we got were more than we ever could hope for and we certainly caught our personal bests. The ocean produced Yellowfin tuna, Cuta and even Bonito on light tackle. We also did some trolling in the Inhambane/Maxixe estuary and caught some beautiful Mangrove Snapper and Rock Cod. The scenery and bird life in the estuary is amazing!
Thank you once again, Etienne, and we trust to be seeing you again someday soon.

Room tip: The cottage right on the edge of the lagoon was awesome to stay in.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank dwagen
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Silver Fish Lodge has great lagoon views. We were made to feel welcome immediatley by Ettiene and his staff. food alone was was worth the trip, the fishing was great Ettiene is very professional and put us on the fish every day. Loge is ideally situated for kite surfing with perfect wind picking up late afternoon to keep you busy after fishing.one of the best weeks i have had and will definitely be back again.

Room tip: room with lagoon view is my favourite.
Date of stay: December 2013