“Overpriced and bland!”

Restaurant Charly’s
Reserve with
Restaurant Charly’s is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 121 Restaurants in Vevey
Price range: US$19 - US$60
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautiful " terrace-restaurant " with panoramic views of Lake Geneva, but also a "café-terrasse" in the old town
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This had to be the plainest and blandest meal I ever had at a restaurant! What you get for overpriced menu is a good view... in My opinion it's not worth it.
The salad starter was a plate of lettuce with dressing. I got fresh water fish with side of veg for mains. It was a piece of fish grilled with unremarkable taste and the side of veg consisted of broccoli carrot and cauliflower... boiled veg that were really tasteless.
Overall price 45 francs. Save your money!

1  Thank Jamie C

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

It was a very normal experience with so so food but the price is a bit on the high side. Do not really recommend it.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Sunday lunch in the upstairs area overlooking the lake on a very sunny day, was a great location. We chose the tartare and the lamb shank , with a glass of local wine. Many people were having the hamburgers but there are other meals to chose.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

We visited Velvey after touring the Chillon Castle in Montreux. It was a late lunch/early dinner. There were just a few people on the Terrace at that time. The view is just wonderful. The lake and the mountains in one view. My husband had the burger and fries. The burger was done as he requested and he had asked for very crispy fries and they were great! ( he a fussy French fries man) I had the Quinoa salad and loved it. It had a nice bread to accompany it. 26.00 for a burger and fries is a bit much and 18.00 for a Quinoa salad is too but with the view and being Switzerland, seemed about right. Cokes were 5.00CHF.......typical Switzerland! Service was fine...not that many patrons there at that time.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I had lunch at this place today. What attracted me to it the most was its outdoor tables, just by the lake, which was a splendid feast for my eyes, especially on a sunny summer day like today.

I ordered a burger, and the lady asked me how I wanted it, and I said, in English: "Well done". So she repeated after me, in French: "Bien cuit", adding: "In this case you'd have to wait at least 15 minutes". And I agreed.

Then, and after the promised long wait, the burger came almost raw!! I called the lady, showed her my burger and how pink it was from the inside, and asked her if she thinks this is "well done". And she replied that I ordered "medium"!!! I told her that this is not true, that I specifically said "well done" and that she even repeated after me in French.

Then she finally yielded and said she could cook it further for me if I wish, but that I'd have to wait. Then I waited... and waited... and waited, and then I decided to eat it as it is after all, because I didn't want to sit there waiting all day! But I was disappointed.

Too bad, because it was otherwise a rich portion of good burger and fries. I wish my server was just less stubborn!