“Bland food did not offset the river view”
Review of Dazert

Dazert
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Cochem
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Very dry filet medallions drenched in blue cheese sauce were nor uplifting. The pils however was good, the prices were not.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We wanted to eat asparagus as it was in season we were recommended by hotel staff and it was a great experience The food was well prepared and the service friendly even if the language was a problem we had snitzel and asparagus and dessert was apple strudel The restaurant can be highly recommended

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I've had one of the best meals during my one month traveling around Europe at Dazert. The pricing was reasonable. The hospitality was outstanding. I don't speak German at all but I have googled translation app screenshots with me. (As I didn't have wifi on the go neither.) I've prepared some sentences translation. For example; may I replace another side dish with mashed potatoes please? No problem. They were all very kind there. The owner lady went to get the assistant chef who can speak English a bit to help make sure that we understood each other with my order. I had the beef cheek dish which was perfectly cooked and flavoured. The schnitzel was cooked with love and butter. (Mouth watering thinking back on that.) The dark beer was also very nice. I decided to go back the next day for lunch before I left Cochem. I wondered whether people who had bad experiences there were not willing to understand that they don't understand English very well. As a tourist , I am willing to go extra miles to be understood and most of the time, I've received a very warm welcome from the hosts.

1  Thank Food_passion_Kae
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Some reviews seemed very pleased with this place. We were treated very poorly and left without being seated. Would not recommend this restaurant due to rudeness and arrogance of the hostess. After positive experiences in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, including wonderful service and delicious food, this place was a real let down. If you are looking to be treated poorly try it, I would never encourage anyone to frequent this place.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We had very good food, lamb rack, beef steak, beetroot soup with orange, portions are very big. Tasty, quickly served. But our waiter looks drunk and even he was able to speak English, we do not understand so much.