All reviews old town the red light district boutique hotel car park excellent location walls parking minibar cars cafes display funky laptop toiletries furniture
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The most terrible experience in my life!
An expensive hotel for the (missing) service you get!
An all inn formula which in practice results in the lacking service they offer all in!

1. asked why they had no airco:
response: it is a registered building and we would have to pay a big fine if we installed airco...
They didn't know I know the town principals very well. I checked. No restrictions!!!
So they simply lie and tell people a story to justify why they didn't invest...

2. the curtains were thorn loose out of their fixture. I asked to repair it.
Response: We had a group of young people staying a few weeks ago and they destroyed the curtains... We checked and it would be to expensive to repair them....?!?!?

3. Breakfast was a joke!
There was only one coffee machine... a slow one... breaking down every two minutes...queues of up to 10 people waiting for a cup of coffee...

4. They offer free roomservice...
I wanted to order some food....
They replied there is a buffet available....
Can I order something?
....no....it's closed...
But there is a good Italian restaurant around the corner!
... Can I order then a glass of wine?
Yes. ok.

Upon delivery they stated I was lucky that I got it served to my room as they had this day two staff-members in service.... Due to lack of employees it was not always possible....?!?

If you want to experience the modern version of Fawlty Towers, then I'd recommend it. If not... STAY AWAY! Safe yourself the frustration!

Room tip: Ask for a room that was not damaged during the stay of the young group a few weeks ago....
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dor M, Leiter Front Office at DORMERO Hotel Villingen-Schwenningen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Guest,

At first we would like to thank you for the feedback.
We apologize for the inconvenience with the front desk staff, but we are also interested in tips and suggestions to optimise our offers. We will train the staff to make your next stay feeling like a wonderful experience. We hope to welcome you again, so we can show you our standards.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

The hotel has the big advantage of being located in central Villingen, it is also close to the railstation (~10 min walk). Nearby you can find a lot of restaurants, cafes and stores. As there isn't much traffic in the area, the reduced noise is also an advantage.

There are free drinks in the minibar (refilled daily) and each room has a Samsung Smart TV which can also be used to stream content from your laptop/mobile device via Wifi.

This being said, this is not really a family hotel. Everything is red, from the furniture to the curtains and the weird light effects in the room makes you think you are in the Red Light District.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tudor C

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at DORMERO Hotel Villingen-Schwenningen and for sharing your feedback.
We are more than happy that you spent a great time at our hotel.
On behalf of our entire team it would be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Villingen.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Used to be the Mercure, a place I have stayed many times on business trips. Now it looks more like something in the red light district, but it is clean, comfortable and freindly staff. Breakfast is not cheap, but good.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank HenrikfromOslo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us.
Adverse criticism is a great chance to improve our quality. For this reason we are very happy to hear complaints from our guests that will help us to eliminate mistakes on our side.
We would kindly like to apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Looked at a map found a town, halfway between my 2 stops and the travel agency booked it.
Using my phones GPS found the gate in the City wall then it kept telling to walk? Where do I park?
3 time round the block, called 4 time still missed it. 5 th time saw someone dragging a suitcase. Stopped there it was still nowhere to park. Bollocks so I parked in the street, yes it was the right place, then the adventure begins.
Yes there is off street parking, for 3 cars or else there’s some car park somewhere. Cost the 3 stall.
Okay the 1st things that came to mind when checking in Burlesque , meets 1930s Berlin. And that only is further ingrained when you arrive at your room, past red black decor, bubbles and lights changing colour.
Okay not a family hotel, free beer in the fridge, condoms in the bathroom treasure pack. Stay again for a dirty weekend for the wife.
And yes it’s right in the middle of town, super cool.
See my photos.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Arsenaluk
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is located central close to restaurants & shops, rooms are clean with a Free minibar and huge TV display. Breakfast was also tasty, decent vatiety and overall was a great choice.
Highly recommended!