“Great lunch.”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Holiday in KZN, were told about change in management , decided to try again, took family for Sunday lunch. Everyone absolutely satisfied. Great food, excellent service, good vibes. The prawns and chicken dishes were super. Franco, the new manager, is extremely knowledgeable and treated us in a way that is difficult to find in a restaurant. We have booked for dinner next week. Thanks Franco.

1  Thank Inno I

Reviewed 6 August 2015

We ate prawns with their mild peri peri sauce, it was so delicious. The rice and vegetables were so nice and fresh. Service is good. However the Mo-zam-bik Linksfield branch is still the best.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I had heard great things and read great reviews before reserving a family birthday dinner there. While we had great service from our waitron and a nice vibrant atmosphere. I felt the portions were not in alignment with the price. The food, also for the amount that was paid, was very average. Between us, steak, fish and the chicken was tried and of a table of 7 no one thought the food was particularly spectacular or anything to write home about.

We left feeling somewhat cheated of what could have been a spectacular night if the food and portions had been up to scratch.

1  Thank Jessica A
Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik Hillcrest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Hi Jessica,

I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your meal with us. I saw you visited in September 2014. A lot has changed since then and I have brought in one of my top chefs from my Ballito store. Please contact me on 0824274903 as I would like to chat to you about your experience.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2015

A good choice for a quick cheap and tasty meal. They have the best chocolate rissoles for dessert, very decadent. Great service and nice staff

Brett M, Owner at Mo-zam-bik Hillcrest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2015

Hi Lois C,

Thank you for your kind words. We really glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see again when you are next in South Africa.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Everything we ate at Mo-zam-bik was exeptional. The baby calamari espetada, grilled peri-peri calamari, steaks, linefish, chicken livers, trinchado and chicken peri-peri were all sublime. The service is low key and unobtrusive, yet attentive, and the vibe is great fun. We went back twice in our 5 day visit to Hillcrest and everyone loved it!! Prices are fair and the wine list reasonable. Highly highly recommended!

1  Thank Emma A

Hi Emma A,

Thank you for review. We are over the moon that you enjoyed your time with us in Mozambik Hillcrest. Hope to see you soon and have a great week.

Regards,