“Sharp crisp experience ”
Review of Oscars Cafe

Oscars Cafe
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A late booking on a referral through manager Walter via Kanella, we had a stunning dinner.

The snail starter was simply the best snails we've had.

I enjoyed a calamari and chicken Thai salad, that was fresh, and the Calamari was brilliant.

My wife enjoyed the falafel stack that was high quality.

Friendly warm service, sharp kitchen in timing all freshly made. Easy and pleasure to recommend.

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed 17 March 2024

Stood at the takeaway window . The server gave a takeaway coffee to previous client completely ignored me . The rest of the barristers ALSO. Saw me and also ignored me . This place used to be amazing . Managers need to wake up !

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 14 March 2024

Have previously had lunch at this establishment, but unfortunately not at the previous standard. One of our party had to return to the lasagne as it had a strong curry flavour. The restaurant is always busy and hope next we come here the food is of a better quality.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 15 January 2024 via mobile

Great dinner experience here. Kids had pasta I had pizza and husband had oxtail curry- all fabulous. Milkshakes are extravagant and delicious. Can’t wait for the day I can finish my main course so that I can order dessert!

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 29 September 2023 via mobile

Popped in for breakfast just as they opened their doors and were busy setting up for the day. I had an hour to burn between appointments, so I started thinking coffee but progresses to wild mushrooms on sour dough.

Service was sharp, the americano coffee which was as ordered piping hot.

The wild mushrooms, spinach and almonds was also very good but a tad cold.

All in all I had a good meal and will be back.

Date of visit: September 2023