“Lunch with old friends”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2019

Every time we go to Oscars I have the Thai Chicken & Calamari salad, it is fabulous.
Oscars was very busy so thankfully I booked a table - sat outside with a super breeze.
Staff were all so polite, efficient and helpful.

Reviewed 23 December 2019 via mobile

We arrived about 1:00 pm on a Sunday afternoon after Church. The day was chilly, and Oscars was packed both inside and even some brave soles outside. The front of the house staff are so attentive, though. They could see that we are not made to withstand capturing blowing napkins and gusts of wind in our hair — they quickly found us a table for two inside. My husband loved a plate of wings & ribs (huge plate). I went for a truly comfortable toastier sandwich of chicken mayo. Great service. Do not expect to be able to have a quiet conversation though.

Reviewed 19 December 2019

We went for lunch and I chose the toasted sandwich, I asked if the toasted cheese sandwich came with tomato as it does everywhere else I usually order it from, the reply was No, you have to pay an extra R4, I then asked does it come with a few chips as is the norm at most other places I have visited and the reply was No you have to pay an extra R12 for chips. I then made the order and after quite a long wait which I don't blame them for as it was pretty busy, the chips with my order came coated in flavoured salt which I detest, why would they salt my chips for me with that or even salt them at all, anyway the waitress was very obliging and said she would immediately change them for unsalted chips. For me the ridiculous thing was I had to pay for a few slices of tomato on my sandwich and on my plate there was a large piece of tomato as a garnish. my husband had the chilli thai chicken salad which he said was excellent as always. So it was just that I felt the extra cost for mediocre chips and a few slices of tomato were for me too much. This is a very popular restaurant and is always full so I think that their other choices obviously are ok with customers.

Reviewed 1 December 2019

We enjoyed Sunday lunch at Oscar's today. Food was good and the service excellent. Wide choise of dishes and a nice ambiance. A bit noisy but it was very busy.

Reviewed 30 November 2019 via mobile

Plenty of parking close by with car guards in attendance We both had breakfast special with hash brown one with bacon and the other with pulled pork.Both were excellent Soon after we placed our order our cappuccinos arrived and a bit later our breakfast The restaurant was full yet we waited no time at all for our breakfast This excellent service and great meal we will visit again.

Date of visit: November 2019