“Always a great experience!”
Review of Oscars Cafe

Oscars Cafe
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Oscars is fast becoming our favourite place in Hillcrest! Great atmosphere, fast and friendly service and good food too! The milkshakes are great too - and even though we have not had a piece of cake there yet, the cakes look so awesome! Love this place!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

A far cry from its first incarnation as a video store with food as an extra. We only get over to SA Durban every couple of years so Oscars remains a must visit lunch venue. It doesn’t disappoint. You’d think that with such an extensive menu they’d struggle getting everything right but not at all - a great visit with really first class pizzas, curries and fish dishes. To be recommended.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We have been to Oscars many times and went again last night. We have tried all sorts from their big menu from steaks to curries and pasta - it amazes me how they can produce the quality they do in a relatively short time. Service was very attentive, the portions large and the prices are not outrageous. Highly recommended

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I would recommend this place to anyone. I loved the service of this restaurant. The waiter made sure to keep asking us if we were okay. And the manager also came and asked for a feedback. Not every restaurant is interested in their customers' opinion.

As far the food is concerned, i would give 4.5 of 5 for the quality. I enjoyed this place. Don't hesitate to visit this restaurant

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Eating breakfast at Oscars this morning reinforced my appreciation of what I think a good restaurant should provide; an imaginative and varied menu,offering numerous choices; fast, proficient service by staff who are eager to please; satisfyingly- filling portions, so one does not leave hungry, but pleased with the value for money one has enjoyed.
My Sampson-sized breakfast plate filled my side of the table with perfectly soft poached eggs, mounds of grilled mushrooms, sheets of best-back bacon slices, piles of sliced chorico sausage,accompanied by cooked-to-the-right-level of crisy potato pieces and a tangy tomato and grilled onion side sauce, to add bite to the entire mix. Toast wasn't limp and soft, and butter came as an accompaniment, for the diner to choose how much or little to smear. My coffe milkshake was equally satisfying, as it wasn't sugared and too sweet. My parner's order of Welsh Rarebit with bacon was another success; excellent sauce, lots of tasty cheese and sheets of good bacon to cover.
Oscars buzzes with activity, a sure-sign of a venue that draws satisfied diners who regularly return for the massive choices of good dishes on the huge menu.
My first choice whenever I am in Hillcrest.