“Quality food and excellent service”
Review of Oscars Cafe

Oscars Cafe
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I would recommend this place to anyone. I loved the service of this restaurant. The waiter made sure to keep asking us if we were okay. And the manager also came and asked for a feedback. Not every restaurant is interested in their customers' opinion.

As far the food is concerned, i would give 4.5 of 5 for the quality. I enjoyed this place. Don't hesitate to visit this restaurant

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Eating breakfast at Oscars this morning reinforced my appreciation of what I think a good restaurant should provide; an imaginative and varied menu,offering numerous choices; fast, proficient service by staff who are eager to please; satisfyingly- filling portions, so one does not leave hungry, but pleased with the value for money one has enjoyed.
My Sampson-sized breakfast plate filled my side of the table with perfectly soft poached eggs, mounds of grilled mushrooms, sheets of best-back bacon slices, piles of sliced chorico sausage,accompanied by cooked-to-the-right-level of crisy potato pieces and a tangy tomato and grilled onion side sauce, to add bite to the entire mix. Toast wasn't limp and soft, and butter came as an accompaniment, for the diner to choose how much or little to smear. My coffe milkshake was equally satisfying, as it wasn't sugared and too sweet. My parner's order of Welsh Rarebit with bacon was another success; excellent sauce, lots of tasty cheese and sheets of good bacon to cover.
Oscars buzzes with activity, a sure-sign of a venue that draws satisfied diners who regularly return for the massive choices of good dishes on the huge menu.
My first choice whenever I am in Hillcrest.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, ambience and service. Always a favorite, well patronized by locals. Chilled staff, no rush. Good idea to book.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Its been a while since a visit to this popular restaurant. Perhaps I have been unlucky as the food would be certainly value for money if only it tasted better. My rump was juicy and looked great but it was not the best and had a slight burnt taste. My wife's Thai Fish cakes were plentiful and her salad was large but again the fish cakes were dry and did not satisfy the palette. On the plus side our waitron Thuli was excellent and there is no corkage fee. Will be back (not soon) to try again because our friends do like the food.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Had a good session there.. Food was good - just a bit bland to my taste.. I do like hot and spicy.. The portion was a bit small to my liking tho..