“Worst food ever in my whole life”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grimaldi's Cotswold Downs
Ranked #41 of 64 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Reviewed 23 May 2024 via mobile

The worst meals my son and I have ever had - boarding school and the military was way better. 50 minutes wait for starter of marrow bones and there were only 3 other tables ( I wonder why🤔🤫🙄🤬). Marrow in 2 bones was raw!!! "Toast" was warmed up bread not toast. Mains Hollandaise sauce on my sons salmon came out of a box in a supposedly upmarket restaurant!!!! Was disgusting - he asked for sauce separate and they also put it over the salmon!! Unable to eat the disgusting food. Sides of veggies cold and horrible. My calamari was chewy and tasteless. Nice setting and decor and in a very upmarket estate with prices to match. Soooo disappointed. Clearly no chef but a cook who produced disgusting food. Our waiter did his best and I give him full marks for his efforts (only positive thing). He was so embarrassed and rightly so. We were advised we did not have to pay (this was not the issue) however I would not have paid as jail food would have been better. Gave our waiter a good tip and could not wait to get out of there.
Management should be ashamed of themselves. Get a chef and get your act together. Visit Bel Punto restaurant and see how things should be done.
Glad I did not have the sushi as I would probably have been ill!

Date of visit: May 2024