“Outstanding”
Review of Ray’s kitchen

Ray’s kitchen
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Reviewed 14 July 2023

Amazing staff, outstanding meal, consistently excellent. Our favourite restaurant in the Upper Highway area.

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 17 June 2023

Overrated
Did not meet up to expectation.
Food was edible. Service was poor and mediocre however Alfred the waiter was exceptional. Perhaps an "anomaly" of an evening...

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 21 January 2022

Went for the ladies night special. 50% off main meals, unless your meal contains any seafood - then it's 30% off. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. It was all just meh.
The staff are super friendly and try their best despite how busy it is.
I just expected more, especially considering the prices!

Date of visit: January 2022
Reviewed 23 March 2021

I can honestly say that I had the best rack of ribs I have ever eaten! I could pull the meat clean off the bone with my fork, it wasn’t over basted or too sweet but it was still juicy. I found my go-to ribs place!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank NHitzeroth
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

Very good food and friendly waitrons but acoustics are bad and if you go on a Friday night be prepared to have sore ears! Tables of young women screeching with laughter so much do that it is hard to hear the person next to you talking!! We sat on varanda and noise may have been exacerbated by having the blinds down. Restaurant really sound think of adding some sound absorbers. I will hesitate to return for an evening meal.
This is a pity as food is good - sole was delicious. Not an enjoyable evening if you cannot talk to your friends. Sad

Date of visit: October 2020