“cool coffee and a bite to eat place”
Review of Essence Cafe

Essence Cafe
Ranked #25 of 52 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Reviewed 25 January 2018

The food is great and the Coffee great and convenient to the local shopping centre, hubby can wait there reading the paper and sipping on his coffee while I am shopping.........

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a late morning breakfast at Essence Cafe. The cappuccino was excellent. The food was good and the service was fantastic and on point. Anything extra wasn’t too much work for the manager to assist with. Enjoyed that some of the breakfast options were different from the norm.

Would definitely return if I’m in the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Essence Cafe is our go to place when we want a great cup of coffee and decent breakfast.

Their menu has a wide variety as well as a few Banting friendly options. Service is always good and the food portions are quite generous.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Friendly service, good atmosphere, one of the few places where there are many vegetarian options for breakfast. Going back with my family.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Convenient café if using the upper entrance at Hillcrest Corner. My first (and probably only) visit wasn't great. My wife and I opted for breakfast. The food was OK but the service wasn't, making the overall experience poor. It started with the waitress (who never introduced herself nor came across as friendly) spilling my wife's coffee into the saucer while serving making the biscuit soggy. There was no apology or offer to refill. The manager (bald guy who talked on the phone while pacing up and down so assumed him to be the manager) looked bored and yawned several times while in front of patrons without regard for trying to cover it up. This feeling of apathy filtered down to the staff as we noticed that it took some time for waiters to clear and wipe tables after patrons had left. The chair at our table was broken showing splinters on the back rest. The walls were littered with chipped paint from chairs being knocked into the wall. Our empty cups were left on the table well into the meal without any offer for another order and at no time did the waitress or manager enquire as to how our experience was, otherwise I may have advised them directly of my experience rather than resorting to a more formal approach on a restaurant review site. I doubt I'll be back as there are just too many options in the area to have to compromise on friendliness and service,

3  Thank NauticalVoyager