“A great family cafe”
Review of Bona Terra Cafe

Bona Terra Cafe
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My wife and I took our elder daughter, husband and two grandchildren here for breakfast. The welcome from the staff was most friendly and they were very accommodating in moving our table and arranging umbrellas to keep the blazing sun off the table. Everyone had a different item on the menu, and all declared their meals to be excellent. There is a playground for small children. Highly recommended. TonyC Hilton

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I have brought many friends & family to enjoy this venue with me since it opened. Their chicken Pot pie is delicious and nicely portioned. They do not however serve soup if the weather is hot for some reason despite advertising it which upset a guest that joined us.

The other fantastic thing about this place is the exceptional service by all staff members I encountered. They all seem really proud to representing Bona Terra and make each customer feel more than welcome. This makes up for any downfalls behind the scenes with lack of produce.
It is a fantastic place to bring families and its hilarious watching some of the kids get up to mischief on the lawn. They cater to all kinds and the fact they are also wheelchair accessible is a step in the right direction for any establishment.

I hope to see more creative dishes and specials in future from their kitchen and hope they treat their staff with the bonuses they deserve.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We always enjoy our meals at Bona Terra. We always choose Bona Terra for the peaceful setting, and have the choice of sitting in the sunshine or under cover. The staff are always attentive and friendly. They always remember what drinks we have, which is impressive given the high volume of visitors they have on a weekly basis. The food is great quality and portion sizes good. We don't have "little people" but always admire the great facilities on offer for the kiddies to enjoy, being able to be "free range" running around in the sunshine, enjoying the outdoor fun. It is a great place for folk of all ages to enjoy.

1  Thank Gr00vy69
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

A pleasant setting . The staff were friendly. The kitchen was a bit slow but the food was tasty and the portions were hearty.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful peaceful setting. However the service left a lot to be desired. It was extremely slow from the taking of the food order to getting the food. We were 4 people and not one of our breakfasts arrived together. All came out one at a time and minutes apart. In fact if I had started eating when I got my food I would have finished before the last one came out. In saying that the breakfasts were well presented and tasty. Although was promised crispy bacon with the Eggs Benedict which I did not get. Very good coffee although apparently the lattes were not very warm.