“Beautiful setting, breath of fresh air.”
Review of Bona Terra Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bona Terra Cafe
Ranked #19 of 48 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We always enjoy our meals at Bona Terra. We always choose Bona Terra for the peaceful setting, and have the choice of sitting in the sunshine or under cover. The staff are always attentive and friendly. They always remember what drinks we have, which is impressive given the high volume of visitors they have on a weekly basis. The food is great quality and portion sizes good. We don't have "little people" but always admire the great facilities on offer for the kiddies to enjoy, being able to be "free range" running around in the sunshine, enjoying the outdoor fun. It is a great place for folk of all ages to enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Bona Terra Cafe

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

A pleasant setting . The staff were friendly. The kitchen was a bit slow but the food was tasty and the portions were hearty.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful peaceful setting. However the service left a lot to be desired. It was extremely slow from the taking of the food order to getting the food. We were 4 people and not one of our breakfasts arrived together. All came out one at a time and minutes apart. In fact if I had started eating when I got my food I would have finished before the last one came out. In saying that the breakfasts were well presented and tasty. Although was promised crispy bacon with the Eggs Benedict which I did not get. Very good coffee although apparently the lattes were not very warm.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely breakfast here with family. It was still in the final stages of opening but looking really nice. The food is good and the wait staff are friendly. Very child friendly with their own play area as well.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I'll be honest, I was skeptical after the reviews I'd read. Nevertheless, after two friends recommended this place for my birthday lunch I decided to give it a bash.

The food was really good and I thought the setting was beautiful. The fresh lettuce in the gardens is a nice touch and no wonder the salads taste so good. The staff were all fabulous and tried their very best to make us happy. I felt they were a little understaffed on this day and more staff would've made the experience even better, however, they still all rallied together and sang happy birthday to me which was a very nice surprise. Thank you!

An easy way for Bona Terra to improve their rating would be communication. I had no response to my initial email enquiry and only after I emailed on Facebook did they respond. Not everyone has Facebook and I wasn't too keen on using Facebook as a means of communication either. (I was out of the country so could not phone.) I understand that the person manning the emails may have been busy but I very nearly changed my venue as it was a good few days without a response. Also, I tried to message and call them to let them know that the table numbers had changed but no one responded and I couldn't get hold of them on the phone. Small, cost-free things that would make a very positive impact.

All in all, I will go back and I thank the staff for the lovely experience for my birthday.