“Great! ”

Add it.
Bona Terra Cafe
Ranked #19 of 48 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I'll be honest, I was skeptical after the reviews I'd read. Nevertheless, after two friends recommended this place for my birthday lunch I decided to give it a bash.

The food was really good and I thought the setting was beautiful. The fresh lettuce in the gardens is a nice touch and no wonder the salads taste so good. The staff were all fabulous and tried their very best to make us happy. I felt they were a little understaffed on this day and more staff would've made the experience even better, however, they still all rallied together and sang happy birthday to me which was a very nice surprise. Thank you!

An easy way for Bona Terra to improve their rating would be communication. I had no response to my initial email enquiry and only after I emailed on Facebook did they respond. Not everyone has Facebook and I wasn't too keen on using Facebook as a means of communication either. (I was out of the country so could not phone.) I understand that the person manning the emails may have been busy but I very nearly changed my venue as it was a good few days without a response. Also, I tried to message and call them to let them know that the table numbers had changed but no one responded and I couldn't get hold of them on the phone. Small, cost-free things that would make a very positive impact.

All in all, I will go back and I thank the staff for the lovely experience for my birthday.

There are newer reviews for Bona Terra Cafe

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Large casual outdoors, but covered, eating area located in a plant nursery. No specials when we were there - hamburgers and daily quiche tasty and well presented. They should not serve the hamburgers on top of paper as it goes soggy & breaks up and you can get a mouthful of paper with your hamburger!! Limited cakes on offer on our day. Good coffee

Reviewed 25 May 2017

What a lovely setting . Under cover but it is as if you are in the outdoors , nice and spacious looking out onto lawns and trees .
The staff have been well trained , well mannered and efficient plus a great menu ,
we really enjoyed our meal . The restaurant is attached to a garden centre as well as a furniture showroom , so lots to enjoy .

1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Visited a couple of times a few months and gave a low scored review. Happy to review again after a wonderful meal on Sunday. Service was attentive, food great, milkshakes delicious. Venue really geared for families with kids, just a wonderful atmosphere. Keep up the good work.

2  Thank Mich D
Reviewed 20 May 2017

The setting is beautiful, the food good but the service very slow and not great.
During the week it makes a nice breakfast venue but , unless you have children, avoid the weekends as it is overrun with little people. Great for young mums