“Ideal for a romantic dinner”

Butlers Restaurant and Event Venue
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Price range: R 3 - R 180
Description: Ladies and gentlemen, the touch of class Hillcrest has been longing for has finally arrived! Here, Tuesday through Sunday, you will be waited upon by our friendly, well trained butlers whom will see to it that you experience true, fine dining. We also offer our magnificent 200-seater venue for hire - for weddings, parties and other functions.
Reviewed 15 June 2024 via mobile

A high quality evening in a upmarket yet friendly setting.

Not to confuse the name, its not part of the other franchise chain.

We enjoyed a most fantastic mushroom starter with pea puree. Easily the best crumbed mushroom starter I have had.

The salmon portion was huge, fresh and well prepared.

I enjoyed an authentic chicken and prawn curry that was excellent.

The freshness of our meals positively surprised, given the large menu, and that it was a Thursday.

Friendly service with a smile, prices were very reasonable at this level of quality.

Easily and highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2024

Reviewed 27 October 2023

3 out of 4 orders were not worth the money.
The deep fried calamari was apparently very good however, I paid R250 for a steak that was very disappointing. It was prepared well but it looked as though it was a minute steak from pick n pay with mash that was tastless like honestly I could have made it better at home, I didn't even get vegetables with it literally a minute steak and a lump of dry mash. That's not to mention they served me a steak that I had to try tear apart with a butter knife.

The prawns were not fresh and tasted like they were cooked from frozen, the vegetables it came with were plain and the creamy spinach looked as though it was curdling.
The prawns ordered were supposed to be peri peri, but was given lemon and herb and then was told the kitchen made a mistake so they gave us a side bowl of peri sauce.

The chicken was dry and was frankly not edable, dry and bland and I think I've been very clear about the vegetables. We didn't even get serviettes for the table...

Very disappointed seeing as I raved to my friends that the past two times I came to the restaurant I was blown away by the amazing food and this time I actually had to go to McDonald's afterwards because I was still so hungry.
Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of my steak and lump of mash because it was so disappointing it didn't seem worth it.

I will never return and quite frankly will never recommend again.

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 24 April 2023

This is a top-class restaurant. Excellent service, varied menu, great ambience, generous portions.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: April 2023
1  Thank PeterDandAssociates
Reviewed 24 December 2022 via mobile

Awesome xmas eve menu and amazing food ! Compliments to the chefs…the presentation and taste is second to none … all the Christmas decor and vibes made it a special evening ! Much appreciated. Tasted all the dishes …outstanding ..well done

Date of visit: December 2022
Reviewed 13 November 2022

Have not been in South Africa for nearly three years, could not wait to get back to Butlers for ribs and steak. Food was delicious and well worth the wait. Service was attentive and friendly.

Date of visit: November 2022