“Great food and service”

Butlers Restaurant and Event Venue
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: Ladies and gentlemen, the touch of class Hillcrest has been longing for has finally arrived! Here, Tuesday through Sunday, you will be waited upon by our friendly, well trained butlers whom will see to it that you experience true, fine dining. We also offer our magnificent 200-seater venue for hire - for weddings, parties and other functions.
Reviewed 18 July 2017

4 of us went for dinner and had 10 completely different, well presented, delicious meals. Our waiter Mandla was well trained, friendly and helpful. All staff automatically clear the table if they are walking past and see you have finished with something. If you are after ambience, choose the right hand side as you enter as the lighting is softer.

1  Thank BessWright

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Had lunch here on a quiet Sunday. Pizza was good, steaks were very good ( I'll be back for the Madagascan pepper sauce alone ), service was very good, setting is very good and prices are surprisingly not sky high.

1  Thank robmich
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I have just had a very unsavoury experience with Butlers Restaurant. I booked a table for 10 people for my wife's birthday this Friday the 23rd June 2017.On the 20th June I was telephoned and told my table was cancelled. On enquiring why I was told that they had taken on a function who needed the whole venue. On asking to speak to the manager Kevin, no apology was forthcoming and no offer of a complimentary meal or bottle of wine for the inconvenience .My wife had specified the venue as she had had a really lovely dinner a few weeks earlier.
I am disappointed that they do not honour their commitments and are driven by profits alone and have tarnished their reputation amongst the patrons that will support them forever and a day.

3  Thank gcdurban
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Good service, tasty food. Seems the chef is fond of Risotto. It is cooked well indeed. Overall, recommended.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Goo well prepared & presented lunch - excellent fish cakes. Fairly expensive & feel if they are going to charge these prices they should have decent cloths on the tables AND more substantial paper napkins!!! These white filmsy things just will not do!!