“Had a great lunch”
Review of Madeleines

Madeleines
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hillcrest
Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

First time going there, we had a entertainment coupon so we decided to use it. We had a great experience. Very nice restaurant, amazing menu, great service, good value and really good food. So impressed with everything. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank WayneH968

Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

We were a bit confused about seating at first and had to ask for the table to be cleaned but Madeleine's made up for it with excellent food - just look at the pictures 😃. We will definitely be back again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 1 February 2019 via mobile

I visited Madeleines for breakfast and it was simply delicious and a lovely experience!
My boyfriend’s Mom regularly buys cakes for special occasions from the bakery, and every time they have been wonderful, so beautifully put together and so tasty!
This place is definitely a gem I would recommend.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 29 November 2018 via mobile

A small hands on bakery/cafe with a relaxed and comfortable vibe. They encourage to take a quick walk through their shop before sitting down so that you get a feel of what’s on offer by seeing everything rather than simply looking at a menu, which you can of course do if you prefer. As I was sauntering through and had already spotted my absolute favourite ‘marinated artichokes’ for a very reasonable R45 per tub, I happened to glance across to the baked goods, fresh out of the overn, already on display. It was the pear and almond tartlet that grabbed my fancy and I am so glad I went against my better judgement that tarts and cakes are to be eaten after 9am and not at 8:30, and ordered this little treasure. That’s exactly what it was. So fresh, crispy outer tart casing with a moist and soft almond cake Centre with deliciously and perfectly glazed fresh pear and flaked almonds sprinkled on top. It totally exceeded my expectation, hence my now having ordered some to take away in order to enjoy with my family later tonight. Their cappuccino, great flavor perfect drinking temperature. Delish!! Well done Madeleines. A definite thumbs up from a very happy ‘renown to be too fussy’ patron. I’m a little sad I am moving to the UK now and just hope I find some equally good treasures over there.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018

So fortunate to have this special place on the doorstep! Janet and her team are fantastic and the food reflects this. Always fresh, simple, tasty food and decadent cakes!

Date of visit: June 2018