“Excellent food with generous portions”
Review of O Tio - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
O Tio
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We had dinner at O'Tio and were delighted with the friendly service, the authentic food and the very generous helpings. The prawns, calamari and chicken were all worth ordering.

The small space allows for a friendly, homely atmosphere with very attentive service.
Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Our first choice for lunch was booked out for a private function so we went a looking for a lunch spot that ticked all the boxes.

My wife decided on a sushi lunch although I wasn't wildly excited having had sushi two days prior. Arriving at the sushi venue in Hillcrest we found it closed for renovations - yay! But right next door was this little eatery that caught our eye.

O Tio, what a joy! We were promptly shown to a table by Judy the owner's wife and only waitron in the place who made us feel right at home from the start!

Wine ordered, we delved into the authentic Portuguese menu with her help. Every morsel we had was superb especially the Prawn Rissois! I have had prawn Rissoles before but these were the best yet! I must admit the Peri Peri Chicken although very tasty could have been a bit moister!

However we ended off with complimentary Pastel de Natas, which were small custard tarts - what a glory they were and well worth another visit just for them! After we left we were sad we hadn't ordered another batch to take home!

Well done Joca [owner/chef] and Judy! We will be back!

Reviewed 1 December 2016

A small restaurant that serves authentic Portugese foods. I found the taste very good, great portions and top class service. As the food was cooked fresh, there is an expected wait which is time to chat. The chicken peri peri took me right back to the years I spent working in northern Mozambique. There is plenty of parking and very easy access. We have now been a couple of times and will go back again.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

This was my second meal at O Tio and both have been very enjoyable.

Small and family run with great service and interaction from the owner and chef.

We all enjoyed everything as well as dessert which we could have done without!!!

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We have been going to O Tio's for some time now and can honestly say we have not had a bad meal. Try their chicken peri peri.... My favourite, It is a small family run restaurant, with the owner doing most of the cooking himself. We love going there as its a very relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. The menu is not large but they will make a platter for you from what is on the menu. The owner will often give you complimentary samples to try which is great for the next time you go. Overall a great place and they are really trying very hard to make a success of it. Well done Judy and Joca, keep up the good work.