“Our Favourite Restaurant of All Time!!!!!”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Price range: US$32 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone +44 (0)1663 732943
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've eaten here several times and cannot fault it at all. The fish dishes are second to none and the staff go above and beyond on every visit. Our most recent visit was at a lunchtime and we ordered the Seafood Royale - it was absolutely mind blowing!!! I highly recommend this incredible pub/restaurant to everyone!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Who would expect to find such a good fish restaurant hidden in a little country pub? I had heard about it and went to try it as I love seafood. I wasn't disappointed and I will be back. I had the scallops and black pudding to start, scallops were perfection itself, very fresh and perfectly cooked. The black pudding had a lovely grain and texture and wasn't at all greasy,lovely. For main I had lemon sole which I thought came with samphire which I love but was missing from the plate, I didn't notice until I had finished and since I was full anyway didn't mention it. The sole was beautiful and very filling. I had chocolate tort for dessert which was incredibly rich and delicious. Very nice glass of chardonnay, beautiful meal. Service was very good and it was a nice touch that the lady chef asked us how are meal was. This is a fab place to eat and we were lucky to get the last table on a wednesday lunchtime so will book a table next time.

1  Thank chrissyDerbyshire
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We eat here every couple of months and have never had a disappointing meal. Always efficient and friendly service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came here as a little girl 50 years ago for Sunday lunches with my parents, my oh my how different but strangely familiar. Met up with family we only see occasionally, sat in the conservatory area. What a fabulous room, great menu, great company and food to die for. We all had different meals and were spoilt for choice. I had beautifully cooked thick plaice. Hubby and brother shared the rack of lamb and judging from their comments was amazing. Really attentive staff and we were not rushed. Would love to return if in the area!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We travelled to Kettleshulme from the Manchester area and the drive was part of the pleasure. The Swan is situated in rolling countryside with magnificent views over the Derbyshire hills. The building itself is old and looks it - inside and out. An open fire in one room smelt gorgeous. The food was very good and the portions huge. The service was very pleasant but rather slow (which is why I only gave it 4 rather than 5 stars). People at an adjoining table hooted and shouted at one another, making quiet conversation impossible. But this is all too frequent these days and, it seems, there is little that the owners can do about it. At least there was no musak to make bad matters worse. There is outside seating and, although it was March, the sunshine was lovely and we had a drink outside. It was not very cheap, but it was very good. I would certainly go back. It is very popular, so it is essential to book. There is a car park.