“Stunning”
Alpine Majestic - Chalet Soleil
Balcony View The Hot Tub!
Check Availability
Double Room
Twin Room
Fine Dining
Chatel
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Chalet -
5 Bedrooms, 6 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
La Chapelle-D'Abondance, Abondance, Portes du Soleil, Haute-Savoie, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes

Reviews from our community

butterfly...
milton keynes
“Stunning”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in January 2016

A group of 9 of us visited Alpine Majestic in Jan. It blew our minds, everything about the trip was stunning. The food, the accommodation, the scenery & location. I actually fell sick for a few days and Ian & Joanne were so accommodating and considerate (they actually took me to the Drs). Ian & Joanne are superb hosts and cant do enough for you. Its one of the best holidays we have been on. Our group of friends (some of which are keen skiers and have been to many resorts) have never been somewhere so beautiful and accommodating. The food is excellent and so much of it, afternoon tea with homemade cake awaits on after skiing. The team go above and beyond to ensure you have a great time. We will be returning and strongly recommend.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: hot tub, location, food, hosts, everything!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Mrs G
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 12 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We had our second stay here this Easter, and yet again it was a truly wonderful holiday. Jo and Ian welcomed us back into their beautiful chalet and, as before, it was warm and comfy...just perfect.
The whole experience is great, the decor, the furnishings, the hot tub, the food, the location, everything!
Breakfast is surprisingly calm considering there were 13 of us to get up and out onto the slopes. Lifts to and from the slopes were provided at times to suite us, thanks to Ian. Afternoon tea was just the ticket, then the entire evening is a lovely relaxed affair with total freedom to enjoy the chalet and it's facilities. A daily soak in the hot tub is a must, followed by tasty and beautifully prepared meals, a couple of glasses of wine and a cheese board in front of the fire. Perfect.
There were 6 adults and 7 kids on our stay, but the chalet is big and spacious, giving you all enough space.
I can't think of a better place to be in the Porte de Soleil. Jo and Ian, you should be so proud of yourselves, what you offer your visitors is amazing.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Families with young children Large groups
StevoInLo...
“Mr”
Reviewed 7 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Loved it! Amazing chalet with brilliant hosts and excellent food & drinks. We were made to feel amazingly welcome and Ian & Jo the owners couldn't do enough for us! The chalet host and cook were superb too and very welcoming.
The ski area is immense across Switzerland & France so you cannot get bored of the piste area.
Loads of bars and restaurants in the area, but after a few drinks you'll be excited to get back for the five star meal that's been prepared!
I would definitely go back and would recommend to anyone.

Pgask78
“Perfect! ”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Having been on a number of ski holidays I had an idea in my head of what to expect....I couldn't have been more wrong.
This place is outstanding. From the luxurious rooms with views to die for, to the the 5 star service you receive.

It took me a few days to get used to being waited on hand and foot. Within a few hours of arriving the host, Danielle, knew exactly what we were all drinking and each night after my shower I would have a gin and tonic ready for me.

Rob the chef cooked some meals you'd expect to find in a top class London restaurant....prepare to be fed like a king.

Ian and Joanne (the owners) couldn't have been more welcoming. When I had a injured back one day, Joanne managed to arrange an osteopath to see me within an hour, and then dropped me off and collected me.

I can not recommend this place enough and can't wait to return!

Thanks again Joanne, Ian, Rob, Danielle and Lilliana for making the week perfect.

Wilko_241...
London, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect skiing holiday”
Reviewed 26 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I had only been skiing a couple of times and never in a catered chalet so I was blown away by this chalet experience. Every detail thought of - down to a different chocolate on your pillow every day. We were warmly welcomed by Ian & Jo and their daughter Lilliana, and the chalet is beautiful and finished to a very high standard down to every light switch. I loved having group breakfast and dinners, I loved coming home to delicious cake and tea. Chef and waitress Rob & Danielle made it super relaxing too, with canapes and drinks served before dinner. I loved hanging out with my friends every evening in the cosy living area which felt like a members bar. It instantly felt like home.

The view of the mountains outside (which went on everyone's Instagram feed on the first morning) are breathtaking as is the ski resort itself - so much to see and we even skied back and forth into Switzerland. The sheer beauty of Portes de Soleil is beyond words. Ian takes you and picks you up everyday when you're ready and is an expert snowboarder and has known the area since he was a teenager, recommending certain routes and bars. I also fell off a button lift and got very lost on the 2nd day (and felt very silly) but he was so patient and helpful and it was so appreciated.

Everything was so easy - they arrange the ski hire people to come to you, Ian bought our passes and we paid at the end. I cannot recommend Majestic Alpine and this beautiful part of the Alps enough, and definitely hope to be back again in 2017!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$995
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing