See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2017

The hotel is thirty seconds walk from the lift and a minute from the high street. It's very French, a little old fashioned and a little creaky but really charming. We were here for a boys short break and couldn't fault the hotel for location and cozy old fashioned comfort. The beds were really comfy, although the pillows are the old style French bolsters, not for us unfortunately. The star of the show is the owner, he couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and just never stopped laughing.

Room Tip: bring a pillow
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gavin C
Reviewed 23 February 2017

This is my third stay at the hotel. It is typically French ,very clean and welcoming.We have stayed as a family in La Tania and Le Praz both in catered chalets and self catered apartments. This holiday has been great for a busy mum who wants a real holiday ,no cooking and affordable to eat out . The hotel does offer a very reasonable full board but we were away with older boys who enjoyed going out in the evenings.The town has a good range of bars ,pizzerias ,restaurants within close proximity. Car parking at the hotel has never been a problem even during half term.One of the real advantages is the proximity of the lift (1 minute from hotel). Agreed it is a 25 min bubble up but you are then at the heart of the 3 Valleys ready to go either to Courchevel or over to Val Thorens.

Room Tip: Family rooms at the front with a small balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I booked my stay at the Hotel de Alpes four months in advance when I pretty much had my pick of lodging in the 3 Vallees ski area. And the hotel delivered on that charming small village Inn with welcoming staff, great old world vibe, amazing location right next to the 3 Vallees gondola and the kind of friendly and adventurous hotel guests you want to spend time with.
My first time back in the alps in two decades, all I really wanted was a chair to sit in and admire the mountains from my window after a hard day of skiing. Looking at the photo of the hotel and seeing the little balconies overlooking the village of Brides-Les-Bains- I knew Hotel des Alpes was perfect.
I booked a “Comfort Room” which specifically touted a Mountain View. On check in, I was given a small room in the back facing a stone wall. When I asked the hotel manager what happened to my view, he said that only rooms for three or four people were in the front of the hotel and had views. When I told him that my written confirmation said I had booked a Mountain View, all he said was “sorry.” So I sucked it up and spent four nights in a small dark room with no view.
On check-out, after paying my bill, I told the manager I wanted to give him my written confirmation so he could correct the website mistake so future guests would not expect a Mountain View. He said that wasn’t a mistake because some rooms did have views, and then disappeared in to his office and closed the door.
I’ve stayed at thousands of hotel rooms in my life, and try to be flexible, but fair as fair. To promise a view and then not only not deliver on it, but act like it’s not important – in the French Alpes!- is crazy. And with a 30% cancellation policy, I’m guessing that would have been lost had I pressed the issue and moved to a new hotel. I might add, there were five other things promised in my room on my written confirmation that did not exist, but I guess if they were in someone else’s room, it’s fair game.
I have never given a hotel a one star review, but this manager needs a wake-up call.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank GeneSandbloom
Reviewed 19 March 2016

We had half term week in the hotel booked via hotel website half board and ski pass included, can't fault it . Excellent value for money, meals plentiful, no choice but all very good, and four courses I am sure they would accommodate any preferences. Next to ski lift and heated boot cabin included. It's a family run hotel and the owner takes pride in ensuring guests are happy. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Hotel des Alpes is very clean, provides good food and is only 50yrds from the lift to Meribel. Best of all the service was excellent; the owners went above and beyond the call of service

If you are young and looking for good apres ski Brides-les-Baines is not for you. For a quieter stay in a nice town or for a more cost effective stay this place is great and I would highly recommend Hotel des Alpes.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo